• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

6 weeks in Shetland!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ross MacLeod

Jul 25, 2014
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum but would really appreciate some advice!

I'm lucky enough to be on Shetland until the 30th of August doing a medical elective and have just ordered a spear gun. I've been spearfishing for a few years now but share most of my kit with my brother in Devon so thought it was time to invest in some kit of my own. Is anyone able to offer a pointer or two as to which coast is likely to offer the best chance of a fish or two? I've been blown away by the wildlife I've seen whilst walking and snorkelling but would love to get out beneath some of the cliffs if there's anywhere which is protected from strong currents etc. It'd be great to get to know some new people whilst I'm up here so PM me if you'd like to go exploring. I've also got my surfboard up with too me if the swell picks up!

Thanks, Ross

Welcome Ross, cant really help you with the basis question but I bet there are some big lobsters around!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT