• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ahoy from Indiana ❤

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
M

Makayla

Hi hello ❤ My name is Makayla but you can call me Mak.

I'm from the treacherous state of Indiana & I'm thankfully moving to Charleston, South Carolina next year for college. :) I'm transferring over from my current college, but I have to wait until I have twenty four credit hours to apply so for now I'm unfortunately stuck. But! Enough of my whining;

I'm a very passionate writer and surfer (although I only get to go twice a year or so), and this past year I've taken an interest in freediving (or, more specifically, spearfishing— - but I don't want to get too ahead of myself). I've actually been lurking on DeeperBlue for two years now, but I never took the time to get an account. I finally gave in & here I am! Haha.

I can hold my breath for a good minute and a half, occasionally two minutes. Living in the middle of nowhere, and I do mean nowhere, makes it incredibly hard to find any sort of nearby freediving courses. :( So for the time being I've resorted to working on my breath holding and my swimming, being a lifeguard doesn't hurt either… The YMCA drills us a lot. :p

Speaking of swimming, I've also been debating on joining my local swim club, although my issue with joining is that I'm really self conscious. I mean, I'm not super fat, but I'm definitely not thin either. Not like the other women I've seen swimming there. I work out quite a bit, I'm definitely physically healthy, but the medication I'm on for my schizophrenia makes it incredibly hard to lose weight (when I first started taking it I gained 15lbs in three weeks). I'm really muscular in my arms and legs but I think I'm pretty much stuck with the pudge. Maybe I should do less weight training and more crunches. :ROFLMAO:

Long story short? I'm just a small town lifeguard desperate to move seaside and really start freediving. Any tips for what I could do here would be greatly appreciated, though. ❤

Welcome to Deeperblue, Mak. You've probably become familiar with Deeperblue since you've been lurking for a couple of years, but you have a few more options as a member. There is a lot of information about freediving and spearfishing, so the search function is your friend. You can also ask questions in the relevant forums and post in the USA Buddy Network subforum if you're looking for locals.

Have fun!

Hi hello ❤ My name is Makayla but you can call me Mak.

I'm from the treacherous state of Indiana & I'm thankfully moving to Charleston, South Carolina next year for college. :) I'm transferring over from my current college, but I have to wait until I have twenty four credit hours to apply so for now I'm unfortunately stuck. But! Enough of my whining;

I'm a very passionate writer and surfer (although I only get to go twice a year or so), and this past year I've taken an interest in freediving (or, more specifically, spearfishing— - but I don't want to get too ahead of myself). I've actually been lurking on DeeperBlue for two years now, but I never took the time to get an account. I finally gave in & here I am! Haha.

I can hold my breath for a good minute and a half, occasionally two minutes. Living in the middle of nowhere, and I do mean nowhere, makes it incredibly hard to find any sort of nearby freediving courses. :( So for the time being I've resorted to working on my breath holding and my swimming, being a lifeguard doesn't hurt either… The YMCA drills us a lot. :p

Speaking of swimming, I've also been debating on joining my local swim club, although my issue with joining is that I'm really self conscious. I mean, I'm not super fat, but I'm definitely not thin either. Not like the other women I've seen swimming there. I work out quite a bit, I'm definitely physically healthy, but the medication I'm on for my schizophrenia makes it incredibly hard to lose weight (when I first started taking it I gained 15lbs in three weeks). I'm really muscular in my arms and legs but I think I'm pretty much stuck with the pudge. Maybe I should do less weight training and more crunches. :ROFLMAO:

Long story short? I'm just a small town lifeguard desperate to move seaside and really start freediving. Any tips for what I could do here would be greatly appreciated, though. ❤
Yea. While you are down this way, you can get a C card and do some wreck diving. There is also some rock quarries that you may try.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT