• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Any FreeDiving classes weekly in London or Brighton?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dom12

Mar 17, 2011
Not looking to do a course, just looking for divers that practice techniques and teach advancing techniques on a weekly basis in the London or Brighton area? I hear there was something like this In Battersea Pool, is this correct? Only back in England for a month and do not have the cash for a course, just want to pay for single sessions that will help improve knowledge and physical/mental skills.

Not beginner stuff either, have been diving for a while spearfishing and have hold of 4 mins.

If this is not available, any groups of divers that get together to practice weekly in pools?

Thanks

Hi Dom

I run a session in Brighton, Thursdays 8-10. I've PM'd you, have a look on your profile. Be great to have you along.

Siku

Do you take begginers too? Breath hold on sofa is best 2:40 but not started any 02or c02 tables yet.

Hi Ashley

Yes you are welcome to come along. We meet in the slipper baths round the back of the Prince Regent Swimming pool at 8 every Thursday. you'll need to bring fins and mask and rashie and wear clothes suitable for yoga. If you need to borrow kit, let me know.

That goes for anyone 18+ looking at this thread and interested in training in Brighton. Come down and join in. Freediving is for everyone.

:)

That's brilliant siku, I'm afraid I can't make it his week as working nights but deffinatly up for progressing. See you soon.

I didn't realise there was sessions running in Brighton. I'd be keen to come along, what's normally involved on an average session?
Thanks, Liam.

Hi Liam

We have an hour for yoga, and other dry exercises, to warm up and get us in the zone. Then an hour in the pool. We have two lanes and the diving pool (3 meters deep and warm!). We train for all the usual stuff, mental and physical, adaptation, dynamic, static, safety, buddying, equalisation, finning, no fins technique, CO2 tolerance, lactic lolerance, competition technique...

Sessions are fun and safe. We all train together and learn together.

Feel free to pop in a join us for a session. Bring mask and fins, and any qualifications you have.

Thanks

I have no qualifications, does that matter? I've been spearing for years now, but would like to get more into the free diving scene.
With any luck though I'll come down on thurs, thanks heaps.

Is the sessions still going? Was very busy with an extension but now have some
Free time at last and would like to practice a bit more. Manage to lose your number Scott.

I'd be up for a bit of training too, time to lose my Christmas belly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT