• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Anyone fishing North East (UK)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Y

Yeti

Anyone doing any fishing in the North East, Saltburn, Sandsend area?
Anyone fancy finding some fishing up there?
I'm spending a lot of weekends up in this neck of the woods of late and have had good feedback from local line fishermen so thought I might bring up my kit and get my feet wet.
Have only a few ideas of where to go so any advice or directions or places to avoid please shout up!
Looking forward to getting a few summer sizzlers under the grill! anyone care to buddy up pm me.

Rgds

Yeti said:
Anyone doing any fishing in the North East, Saltburn, Sandsend area?
Anyone fancy finding some fishing up there?
I'm spending a lot of weekends up in this neck of the woods of late and have had good feedback from local line fishermen so thought I might bring up my kit and get my feet wet.
Have only a few ideas of where to go so any advice or directions or places to avoid please shout up!
Looking forward to getting a few summer sizzlers under the grill! anyone care to buddy up pm me.

Rgds

I'm based Scarborough area, however, the viz is usually shocking on this coast. In a few years of freediving in this area I've yet to see anything bigger than a blenny.

Mark.

bummer! never mind! I'll have a look anyway and see what the deal is. I'll let you know how it goes or if I find any fish.
I'm optimistic. I'm sure there are always fish about, it just depends if they want to come and play dodge the shiny high velocity metal thingy!
:p

I am from Northallerton and try to get over to the coast as much as possible. Done runswick bay a few times reasently with the water been clear. Looking at going today at high tide if either of you fancy it viz might be rubbish but am keen to fry it

Chris
mobile:
07xxxxx<phone number removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am from Northallerton and try to get over to the coast as much as possible. Done runswick bay a few times reasently with the water been clear. Looking at going today at high tide if either of you fancy it viz might be rubbish but am keen to fry it

Chris
mobile:
07XXXXX - <phone number removed>
Am down checking out the beg meil and trevignon areas in northern France at the moment. Saw loads of spearos in today. Will be back next week though so would definitely be up for a jaunt out as the viz our way seems to be better than it's been in years. I tend to take more photos than fish though!

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT