• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Best computer for freediving and spearfishing ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The BDSI is settable - just needs to be set for the type of diving you are doing. For the pool I have mine set to 5 seconds - because I do very short breathe-ups sometimes. For open water just set it longer. Sounds like your friends problem was depth however - set the activation depth deeper and you won't have that problem.

I've used the F.10v1 and V.2 and found them both perfectly reliable. The V1 had initial problems with the battery algorithm and static discharge - but, despite having been elevated to mythic status by online gossip, these were completely resolved.

The V.2 has the settable activation depth though, and has been 100% reliable for me in the pool. I have 4083 dives logged on my v2.

My d3 was pretty flakey for pool use - sometimes it worked, most of the time it didn't activate properly to record laps - my pool is 4 feet deep in the shallow end. From what azapa has said it sound like the D4 has a similar issue in pools.

The V1 had initial problems with the battery algorithm and static discharge - but, despite having been elevated to mythic status by online gossip, these were completely resolved.

I have to disagree with you. The problems with the v1 was not resolved, at least as far as the watches my friends use (despite sending the watches to the distributor for updates and eventually having them replaced (which just resulted in continued problems of instability)). Two friends have the v2 and both have problems. One of them has send his watch to the distributor for update and eventually having it replaced (he checked the serial number to know it was really replaced) and the new watch is also unstable to the point that he's thinking about sending it to the distributor again.

I have been lucky and my v1 has only malfunctioned twice in about two years: in the beginning of a pool session I could not switch to dive mode (despite trying to switch about ten times), instead a small circle appeard for a second infront of the time and then it was back to normal time mode. This has never happened before or after these two times (which was about two weeks apart).

To conclude my experience: You are lucky if you have a functioning Aeris F10.

Interesting. I've actually had 4 v2s and 3 v1s. All of the V2s worked perfectly. The V1 took a few iterations to get fixed. I worked directly with Aeris to help them resolve the problems. This is the first I've heard of a V2 malfunctioning.

My first V1 worked perfectly until I replaced the battery - then it gave an erroneous low battery warning. The replacement had the weird static discharge issue which, as noted elsewhere, Aeris was never able to reproduce. Eventually they tried insulating the buttons which did fix it - the battery thing was just a firmware problem.

You may want to consider dealing directly with Aeris - rather than through a distributor. In any case - I encourage anyone with a problem to contact Aeris tech support and to actively pursue the issue until it is resolved.

Again: I've never dealt with them through a distributor - but only directly.

Wanted to suggest the Suunto D4 but it seem that it isn't available anymore. Bought mine 8 months ago for 260€ and it is said to be one of the best dive computers.

correct me if i am not right but even AIDA uses it officially?

Except for pool diving great computer, but as it seems not available anymore...

Are you kidding me, no way i can't get it for under 400 EUR. :(

I'm not sure if it's possible to get a straightforward answer but it would be great to know which is the best of these 3: Suunto D3, Nemo Apneist, Sporasub SP1 if i can get them at the same price (longer duration of the batteries is a big plus for me, really just need basic options like dive and surface time and depth, will mostly be used for spearfishing) ?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's possible to get a straightforward answer but it would be great to know which is the best of these 3: Suunto D3, Nemo Apneist, Sporasub SP1 if i can get them at the same price (longer duration of the batteries is a big plus for me, really just need basic options like dive and surface time and depth, will mostly be used for spearfishing) ?

Why not Aeris F10v2 235€ ? :D

The thing about those gauges is that, other than the D3, they are not widely used. The D3 has fully as much or more mixed press as the F10v2 - I think it's a function of how many are out there. The D3 has been out of production for quite awhile and has a rep for quality control issues.

My v2 is pushing 5000 dives without a battery change.

Why not Aeris F10v2 235€ ? :D

'Cause no one is offering it in my country, and importing it would cost me at least 30-35% more, so not really an option when i can get Sporasub for 216 EUR

Last edited:
How can i recognize if it's really Aeris v2 and not the 1st version ?

WTF is this shit ? 90USD shipping costs from the USA :duh Aeris F.10 Freediving Computer Watch,
what are they delivering on foot, this is just disgraceful. And i can get stuff which costs a few bucks free shipping from China.

How can i recognize if it's really Aeris v2 and not the 1st version ?
If you click the Q&A on the product page, you find the answer. Apparently it is v2

WTF is this shit ? 90USD shipping costs from the USA :duh Aeris F.10 Freediving Computer Watch,
what are they delivering on foot, this is just disgraceful.
It is $47.80 to western Europe, which looks reasonable. You can try contacting them if they can offer a discount on the shipping for your location.

And i can get stuff which costs a few bucks free shipping from China.
Well, if you want a Chinese computer, look for the Snorkeling master from Latitude Ltd in Honk Kong - they manufacture it as OEM also for Omer (MIK1) and Sporasub (SP1), so I bet some of the Chinese online stores offers for just a few bucks. I already saw it for under $50 on eBay. However, you will get what you pay for, and there is also always certain risk at such transactions. The original version of Snorkeling master did not display the surface time. In the latest OEM version for Sporasub they added it, but it is hard to tell whether the Snorkeling master has the firmware modification too.

The company's wbesite is at $title$, but it is just for wholesalers

Aeris has reps in europe - seems you could probably get it shipped from there.

Aeris has reps in europe - seems you could probably get it shipped from there.

Yeah i know, but not for 250 USD Leisure Pro is offering, number is probably similar but the currency isn't :D Shipping from UK only 7EUR, no way than it costs 90 USD to ship from USA.

Last edited:
Maybe you have a different site - but when I look at leisure pro I see it for 399us. Theres an old style manta - which two of the guys I dive with here have and like - for about 240us.

Maybe you have a different site - but when I look at leisure pro I see it for 399us. Theres an old style manta - which two of the guys I dive with here have and like - for about 240us.

This is how i see it on my browser

Aeris F.10 Freediving Computer Watch

List Price: $429.95 - this one is crossed
Our Price: $399.95 - this one is crossed
Your price: $249.95 - exactly like this big red numbers
You Save: $180.00 (42%)

Must be a way to compensate for shipping - because I don't get that price at all (though shipping is free)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT