• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

C4 Wahoo or Leaderfins?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

max2

Oct 22, 2012
Hello al,

I have a question i want to buy new fins and i cant make a choice with the wahoo or the leader fins Carbon Stereoblades Classic with omer footpockets?
I iam a freedive and spear fisher so i want go deep and i want some comfort
Please somebody help me?

Other fins are also good?

Greets Max

You should try on different kinds of fins; foot pockets are like shoes and some brands are wider than others, etc, and what is comfortable for you may not be for someone else, and if you dive in colder water where you need socks, also realize that at depth the neoprene socks will compress a little bit. A fin that feels comfortable on the surface may get a little bit loose when you are on the bottom. Usually a stiffer fin requires a stiffer footpocket. Omer footpockets are known to be a little bit wide. I have a wide foot and of the different brands I've tried, find their pockets to be fairly comfortable.

I have C4 Skorpios with stiffness 40, Omer Stingray foot pockets. I wear 2mm socks and fin keepers when I dive. The fin keepers help keep the fins on in surf but they also help with power transfer as the blades are relatively stiff. My fins are very snug at the surface but at depth, coming off the bottom, feel wonderful. They provide sudden acceleration and loads of power when I want it. I have to keep my legs and ankles well conditioned to use them effectively; I don't do much surface swimming.

edit: I use the Stingray pockets now. I used to have Milleniums. The Stingray is a synthetic rubber which is harder than what they used on the Milleniums, and is supposed to last longer.

Last edited:
I would say in order of widest
Omer, picasso, sporasub, pathos, beuchat, cressi
No science behind it just experience of trying them all! Admittedly they may have changed the foot pockets since I last tried each of them!

Which did you end up choosing? I have the Wahoo and love them with their original foot pockets

Please take a look at our Fiberglass fins. We offer several different stiffness's, colors and lengths. Our footpockets are comfortable and inexpensive because we sell direct with no domestic retail stores.

Dive safe!
Dano

Fins

MCFFGF-BLU-2.jpg

I just got these new Mako fiberglass fins (above)with the Mako footpockets in the 85cm-Extra Long Blade option. Even though I've ordered products from Dano the past, Mako is the only vendor that doesn't offer me discounts or incentives on equipment for my freediving school I'm more than willing, however, to testify that these BiFins are the best I've ever used. Love their footpockets and the blades are true to their stiffness rating. Extra long with Medium stiffness works great for me. I've been using these new fins for a month and tried some of my other fins yesterday --I won't be diving with those anymore! These blades have a great angle, nice rails.....can't complain. A female student wants a pair now that I showed her they are offering "ladies" sizes on the pockets.

Hi, i think you should use pathos footpocket and try to find majestic blades.They are the best also try xxone anax .Look at www.diveshop.gr .no less the best.I use them and freedive on roop at 50 and spear 35-40

Those Mako fibreglass look like Leader fins to me :confused:. Leaders are great fins for its price, the fibreglass versions seem to be more durable than those carbon hybrids for some reson though. Very hapy with mine in Stingray fp.:)

Any feedback on the Mako footpockets?
I just got these new Mako fiberglass fins (above)with the Mako footpockets in the 85cm-Extra Long Blade option. Even though I've ordered products from Dano the past, Mako is the only vendor that doesn't offer me discounts or incentives on equipment for my freediving school I'm more than willing, however, to testify that these BiFins are the best I've ever used. Love their footpockets and the blades are true to their stiffness rating. Extra long with Medium stiffness works great for me. I've been using these new fins for a month and tried some of my other fins yesterday --I won't be diving with those anymore! These blades have a great angle, nice rails.....can't complain. A female student wants a pair now that I showed her they are offering "ladies" sizes on the pockets.

May I ask, how are the Mako footpockets as compared to Omer Stingray footpockets? I am actually torn between them... I already got the LeaderFins Stereoblade Waves Alga glass blades in medium stiffness... I just need to find the right footpockets... Maybe you could enlighten a newbie like me. Thanks!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT