• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Casio watch with depth gauge

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
An update on the Casio. Its cheap, but I don’t think it worth owning. The first one I owned quit after 8 months. It was not sold through Casio USA so it was pain getting repaired. They finally reimbursed me the amount I paid for it. I bought another one. I can’t keep the depth gauge part working. I spent so much time taking it to watch place, which kept replacing the batteries and running the reboot procedure. I finally broke down and bought the Mares Memo. It cost 5 times as much, but it’s a rock so far, 9 months. The features are much more useable and I see no problem with the 4 second sampling time. I have used it on a marked rope 3 times and it always reads the same depths as the marks.
Don

i am trying to but this watch for my husband as a birthday gift, but had trouble with the link. Does anyone know where I can find this atch? thanks

This is a really old post (2005), I am no sure if this watch still available, your best choice is to email casio.

True, this post is old, and the watch seems to be discontinued, but Casio currently makes another cheaper watch with a depth gauge, if that's all your looking for. Here's the link to it on Amazon:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Watches-Sea-Pathfinder-Sensor-SPF-60D-7AVDR/dp/B0002A9R02/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1248257391&sr=1-4]Amazon.com: Casio Men's Watches Sea-Pathfinder Twin Sensor SPF-60D-7AVDR - WW: Watches[/ame]

I bought one off of the auction site for just over $100, and it seems pretty nice for my needs. It has a 3 second sampling rate, and basically no real freediving functions other than the fact that it won't beep at you when ascending faster than you should (on scuba), like some other cheap watches with depth gauges do. Nothing fancy, but the cheapest reliable watch I could find with an accurate depth guage and dive timer, which is pretty much all I wanted.

I hope that helps some.

About Casio watches, that is what I currently use, just for the record. I have a casio Dep 600, it is 15 years old (I think), it is a great watch, sometimes you can get them on ebay. Another piece of information on casio watches if the case is plastic any time you replace the batery you must also replace the case. I would would look for metal cases.

That's correct.

It charges also with regular light so as long as you put it on a well lit area, you don't have to "charge" it.

But if you put it away in a bag or only use it at night, you may want to make sure to expose it to sunlight. There is L M H indicator on the bottom showing you how much charge it holds.

I think it's discontinued ?

Reactions: strangelove
What minimum features should you really be looking for in a cheap dive watch anyway? Depth guage? Alram? countdown timer?

Looks like some of these Casios are discontinued. Just look at Casio's site (Casio.com) and search for "sea Pathfinder".

The cheapest I could find was the SPF40-1V ($199)

spf40-1v_large.jpg

But looking at the specs I'm not sure it even has a depth gauge.

Those with plastic case, when the batery dies it is pretty much the end of the watch. I think you need to replace the whole cage to preserve the water prof.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT