• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DiveInn Scubastore

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

runjunrun

Aug 3, 2010
I'm having trouble communicating with DiveInn, Scubastore...... I ordered my stuff like a month ago, but they keep delaying the shipping date and rarely updates my order unless I complain to them....

They keep telling me that the products are getting shipped out next week, but next week comes, they ignore our order..... and wouldnt give us an update....

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm ordering from overseas, Guam.

Their phone number on the website doesn't work too.....

I have read many good reviews about this website, but I'm having a real bad experience with them.

Can anyone give me a phone number or contact information to a responsible rep who can help me get my products?
Thanks.

I've pointed a Scubastore rep at this thread so hopefully someone will be in touch soon.

Many thanks!

Thanks PaPaSmurf. You are the MAN!!!! I finally got a reply from the customer service manager, Maria at DiveInn and she told me that I should be getting a tracking number by today for the shipment.

I hope she comes through this time.... Will keep the community updated.

Thanks again for the support.

I'm having trouble communicating with DiveInn, Scubastore...... I ordered my stuff like a month ago, but they keep delaying the shipping date and rarely updates my order unless I complain to them....

They keep telling me that the products are getting shipped out next week, but next week comes, they ignore our order..... and wouldnt give us an update....

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm ordering from overseas, Guam.

Their phone number on the website doesn't work too.....

I have read many good reviews about this website, but I'm having a real bad experience with them.

Can anyone give me a phone number or contact information to a responsible rep who can help me get my products?
Thanks.

Hi!

Not excatly same problems but still. It is really annoying the site says they have items in stock but just after you have ordered the goods, status changes to "in 3 days" or something like that and they don´t let you know until they send those. Also they don´t give tracking code always so sometimes you have to ask for it and they still won´t give it necessarily.

But the main problem and reason why I don´t want to order again from Scubastore is the customer service. If you ask three simple questions they maybe answer after 3 days and only for a one question so you have to make another email...

Reason why I am writing about this is the ongoing issue with my Cressi Comanche order. I ordered it maybe one week ago and got it last week. At first they should have it stock but didn´t have. Then they sent me the 90cm model eventhough I ordered 60cm model... Now I have mailed about this to several email addresses like orders@scuba and returns@scuba but none has answered. And I sent these email last week at the same day I got the gun. Now I have no clue when I get the right one and how I should proceed. Would be nice to go fishing.

Thanks for reading! End of jeremiad.

@HAukiHunter: Yup. Scubastore definitely has a competitive price but there customer service stinks.... It took me a month to get my order shipped, and believe me, I think I would have been on hold for another month if I didn't complain.....

They're 'In stock in 3 or 7 days' is absolute BS.... Some of my order said 'In stock in 7 days' but I had to wait for a month.... And Scubastore never updates your status unless you remind them....

But the frustration exploded when I found out that they didn't include my two spearguns (Omer HF2 90cm) and Cressi Gara Professional black fins in my shipment when they sent the stuff..... They sent me a tracking number for my shipment but they didn't send me a list of things that they've sent out, so I didn't know they jipped me on my order until I got my package.....

Now, I'm really mad because I got my mask, snorkel, wetsuit, but I don't have a speargun and fins to go spearfishing with..... This is torture for a spearo..... if you know what I mean....lol

The case is still ongoing, and I made a claim yesterday, so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I'm currently talking to the customer service manager, Maria Gomez at Scubastore, but if she can't help me, I plan to take it furthur to upper management...

This poor customer service has to stop or at least it has to be visible to the whole community so they don't go through the B%ll Sh^t that we went through....

I understand that they are giving service to global communities and that they are really busy, but I'm sure the CEO and Directors of the company will not close their eyes on this ongoing issue of lack of communication and poor execution of standard business ethics and protocols for their customer service department.

I still need my spearguns and fins!!! I will keep you guys updated for my ongoing issue.

Thanks for the post. It's good to know that I'm not the only one going through this mental torture.... I feel like a tied up dog with a bowl of steak right in front of me, but I can't reach it because the owner is unreasonable or not even there...... lol

I've always found they had good customer service, but you do need to stay on top of them ;)

I have had excellent customer service in the US. Especially when asking questions and determining stock. The shipping is fast.

I ordered a 110cm Mares Carbon Fiber. They did not have this as a stocking item for a couple of months. I assumed the distributer only had the smaller sizes available for the first few months. I did not place my order until it was available and it came within days of ordering.

I ordered an XXL camo weight vest. Same deal, the normal size was available. It took a couple of months for the larger size.

I have ordered many other items, but just listed a couple of examples where supply may have been an issue.

Of course, I did not need most of the items immediately. I can understand the frustration if expecting/requiring something and promises that are not being fulfilled.

I always check the Euro to US dollar exchange rate before purchasing.

bobdonny@ I agree, you definitely want to stay on top of them.... We ordered like 20 items, so that may have caused the confusion and lag on their side... I was reading some posts and everyone seems to have gotten their stuff pretty smoothly when they ordered only a couple of items.... Lucky you, and I wish I got my stuff in time just like you... Believe me, after all this, I just want my remaining stuff sent to us and I'll forget all the pain and frustration...

cmburch@ I guess I didn't have the patience to wait around for a month or two.... so I complained to them, but now, they're completely ignoring my claims.... What kind of customer service ignores mails for 4 days?
At the end, all I can say is Lucky for you.... I hope they realize their mistake and send me my remaining stuff.....

Thanks Stephan. I finally got an email from Maria at Scubastore and she informed me that there was a mistake in our order and that she was willing to give us a 10% discount on our next order.

All the frustration is finally coming to an end. I hope. I'm going to place an order at the end of this week, and we'll see how fast they ship it, with no mistakes this time... I'm crossing my fingers.

In the end, if it all works out within this month, I think I'm still happy with Scubastore's competitive price and customer service...

I'm a poor spearo so although Scubastore delayed my order and gave me a hard time, I still feel thankful for Scubastore's cheaaaaap prices.

I've heard rumors that some people didn't get their stuff for 11 months, so I guess I'm lucky to get it in 2. I really hope Scubastore improves their customer service so they could strive to be the BEST in the industry.

Anyways, Thanks Stephan for all your coordination and I'll keep you posted until I get all my stuff. lol

I love this site!!! Thanks for all the info!!!!

Ok, some updates considering my case. Last week I got approved about the returning by the return dept and I mailed the speargun back. Scubastore told that they will refund the postages by gift sertificate not cash. Which kinda sucks. But I have to buy new cold water gloves so I dont want to fight about it. Eventhough I would like to support my local dealer rather than Scubastore.

They told me that if I am in a hurry I could make a new order and they will refund the money from the first gun when they get it. So I made the order and right gun came in 2 days! Very nice! So now I just have to wait when they get the returned gun and will they give the money back. I believe there will be no bigger issues anymore. Let's see!

Greetings from Finland!

well I just put in an order for 5 items a few days ago expecting the 24hr delivery before my hols as all items were in stock.... when I checked a few days later I saw the items had not even been sent and I had to contact them to see what was happening, then they told me that the gara professional ld's were actually out of stock... i'm not sure if they will get to me by the time I go on my holidays :( and I thought subprof was bad about out of stock items :(

Why say an item is in stock if it aint....

Last edited:
HaukiHunter@ It's nice to hear that you got all your problems solved. I'm going to place my new order this week, so I'm hoping they would send the gun by the end of this month.
The customer service manager told me that she was going to give us a 10% discount for our next order since they messed up our previous order. We'll see if they can keep their promise.

Bobdonny@ Uhhhhhhh.... I understand your anger about the false advertisement on their stock count. Ordering more than 3 items might be a challenge for them. I ordered over 10 items last time and it took them 1.5 months to send me a portion of my item.... Now, I have to re-order the spearguns separately..... Their In Stock information is BS, so if I were you, I would keep them in Check... (meaning write to them every day to get an update of your order) Good Luck and we hope to hear your update when everything is settled.

Reactions: Cyrus Cheek
OK. I re-ordered 7 items from scubastore yesterday and contacted Maria so she could give me my 10% discount. I only waited for 1 hour until Maria kindly returned my email verifying the order and verifying my discount. I have to say, I'm very happy and satisfied for the quick reply, at least for now....

Now, I'm praying so they wouldnt mess up my order. I truly hope everything goes smoothly this time.

Just thought Id give everyone an update of my status. Ill keep you guys posted until everything is settled.

Thanks.

Hi again!

Little update. Haven't got any money back! They told that they could also give pure cash from postages if I just give them my account details. And I did it. Brinda, the person who was contact with me said that her colleague will make the refund. That happened 27.8.2010 and now is f***ing 18.9.2010 and I haven't got anything back. It was also funny that Brinda always mailed me back within two days. Now I have asked her two or three times about the money but she haven't answered me at all.

HaukiHunter@ Doesn't it frustrate you when they dont get back to you in a timely manner? I've seen that pattern before where they write back to you every 3-4 days, and when you lay down the hammer, they completely ignore your emails for weeks.....

Dude, my best suggestion is to write them an email every day and contact Maria Gomez, who is the customer service manager. If that doesn't work out, contact the TradeInn.com who is responsible for DiveInn, TRekkinn, and all those stores...

My order is pending too.... They told me a couple of my items are not in stock and THEY DONT KNOW WHEN THEY"RE going to get the products Stocked.... Can you believe that? So, I wrote them an email to change my products to a different item, and they are ignoring my emails now.... I've been trying to contact the customer service but cant get a hold of them.... I'm getting tired of their pathetic customer service......

Ill get back to you for future updates.... I plan to nag on them everyday....

I put through a order on the 29th of Sept for over €200.
All items were reported to be in stock and my credit card was debited immediately.

On the 30th I was told that two of my items would be delivered on the 30th of Sept and first of October.
Further the Omer stingrays I ordered had status Not in stock (Delivery date unknown from supplier).

So I replied immediately to them (on email accounts that I know they monitor) telling them that really this was unacceptable and when do they realistically think the order will come in?

No answer...

Since then I have emailed them 3 times to a total of 6 email accounts and still I have no answer.

So in summary, on September the 29th they took €211.77 from me and have given me absolutely no indication of when my items will be in their store or when I will receive them. I've given them a considerable amount of business over the last 6 months and even vouched for them earlier in this thread.

Frankly I could trace them down if I wanted, or call them or email tradeinn but I would rather not.
They have a system put in place to serve their business that they choose to use, and use it daily and frankly it doesn't work... as this thread is evident.

Oh well :(

Bobdonny,

PM me your order number and I'll pick it up with their management. This isn't acceptable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to update:

A short while after the post on Monday I got a brief reply from an individual from Customer service at trade inn.
It was a short reply because she asked me a very simple question would I like to wait for the Omer stingrays to come into stock (but couldn't tell me when that would be...), cancel the Omers or replace them.

Fairly straight forward really, so I replied immediately that yes please replace the order with Mares Razor Pro which seem to be in stock, I explained to her that I was doing a big diving session 5 days later (on Saturday just passed) so I was keen to have the gear I ordered.

No answer all day Monday.

No answer all day Tuesday.

No answer all day Wednesday.

Annoyed at this I emailed as many addresses I had for diveinn and tradeinn on Wednesday afternoon again.
Obviously someone picked it up cos I got a reply..... Thursday freaking evening....

Yep Thursday....

Whats more in the email there were 2 points.... first there was no problem with the replacement, and diveInn would cover the €2 difference... gee thanks... just offset that against the €1500 I've given ye in the last 6 months!!

And second that they could not send it until the next day.... Friday and therefore there was no way I would have the gear for my dive on Saturday...

So I had my dive yesterday, and I did not have my gear besides spending a fortune a few weeks ago ordering gear that was all picked as it was in stock and shipped via courier...

Scubastore are great when the items are in stock and when you don't have to rely on their customer service. I am really amazed that a company in this economic climate should have such diabolical customer service.

In my case a company with good customer service would have notified me immediately and resolved the issue within an hour or two, maybe a day but certainly not weeks especially where the onus is on the customer to do all the following up when its the dealer who has made the mistakes. Frankly this was not even a difficult problem... really easy to replace the item.

My advice is if anyone has a similar situation they cancel the entire order and put through another one with items in stock or go to another store. Its so frustrating to deal with their customer service I would rather pay more elsewhere to deal with people with common sense.

Stephen, I'll PM you my order number as they really need to sort this out. I don't mind giving some constructive feedback on companies and hopefully they will appreciate this and perhaps my service will be better in future. But I know the majority of people just give up on a company like this and not give them a second chance.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT