• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dog clicker !!! To fish clicker

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dog clicker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mata ray jay

Apr 14, 2014
Buy a dog clicker. Dive down find a nice spot and click a few times and it will attract the fish in.

I was having a guest over. The guy hunts in Sri Lanka and was like "Cyprus spearfishing? phh, nu-uh. Little fish - boring".
He had a whole setup setup over here, flashers, clickers. The clicker was more of a "bells" simulator, but did attract smaller fish. He said it works nicely with tunas, but I haven't seen it with my eyes so would not want to comment.
There definitely is some relation between making sounds and attracting fish.

I've heard that bumping two rocks together also attracts fish. DOn't know if it works, but will try it next week when I head for Inhaca island! Hope I land a whopper kingfish! The kingie I spotted was out of range! Cheers

It does work. Tapping your handle against rocks attracts fish in, just dont over do it. Ive caught lots of bream using that method, mostly trevally, some cuda and other fish.

Reactions: MozSpearer
Over here in Wales UK I've been board and started scrapping barnicals of the rocks around me to find with in seconds dozens of small blennys coming to feed on a free meal coming in close right under my knife.I all so found after blunting my spear and trying to sharpen it on a large rock for a few minutes I looked up to be surrounded by a large number of takeable fish all drawn in by the noise and vibrations .Try any thing what have you to loose!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT