• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freaked my oral surgeon

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

How fast and to what BPM do you get your heart rate to for a dive?

• 50-60 BPM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45-50 BPM

• 40-43 BPM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

agbiv

Spear, cook, and eat fish
May 17, 2008
Went in to have step 2 of three to have a cracked molar replaced with an implant. So I'm in the chair...BP is unusually high 146/88--well they ARE going to put a titanium deck screw up into my jaw AND stab me with a mondo needle. My heart rate is at 62 bpm. So surgeon comes in (we get along real well) and making small talk as his asst. gets torture stuff ready. I tell him watch this--and proceed to do my pre-dive Zen thing. Down goes heart rate to 58, 55, 52, 48 and bottoms at 46. All in about 60 seconds. He freaks and says that's one of the most interesting physiological displays he's ever seen. BTW BP goes down to 120/72...until the F*@$(^g mondo needle comes out. Anyway--how low and how fast can y'all lower your BPM?

Does doing a short exhale breath hold to trigger DR count or is that considered cheating? :)

Did get <40 sitting at my desk that way (my HR monitor only goes to 40 and it stopped registering), but not below low 50s otherwise... I need to do more cardio...

No chance that I could really lower it without DR induction (exhale breath hold). Relaxation might lower it maybe from 75 to 65, but it's nowhere near the effect of an empty lung breath hold.

I'm a blood donor and have undergone 3rd degree interrogations the few times I did the low pulse thing :) I can drop it to around 40 in the time it takes to set up and perform the blood pressure measurement.

50 resting, ~85 in the first couple of minutes of a breathhold, ~120 if I'm packing :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT