• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving fins for girls

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I found them boxy and they made embarrassing sloshing sounds

I had a girlfriend who had that problem.

@ Trux. I'd leave the working fin on put my feet together and dolphin with one fin, its surprisingly efficient, dropping weights is a good idea

Last edited:
Reactions: Shark2307
I wonder why freedivers are scared of breaking a fin at depth. If you compare performances with and without fins, they are very close each to other, and at most people it is the equalization that limits them in depth anyway. It means if you break a fin, you can remove the other one too and go up without fins. If you additionally drop the weight belt, there won't be any problem at all.

Hi Trux sorry I was just being silly - was just joking :) i've lost fins before (never broken one though) and didn't find it such a big deal. If there's a line you can just pull up or can monofin to the surface with one fin (some people prefer to lock the second foot behind the one with the fin).

Actually I usually lose a fin at DYN when I turn and continuing with one fin doesn't really make a huge amount of difference.

But then again I haven't got small feet so I don't swim in circles lol (feel free to remove some rep for a bad joke :))
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Hi, i'm have size 37 feet and i'm intending to get omer mill fins. should i get them with 3mm or 5mm socks? also, are there other brands that have foot pockets in smaller sizes? :)

With regards to socks because there is only a couple of mm's difference between the two the best thing is to try and see which is most comfortable. Unless you are wearing socks for warmth, then I would always go for 3mm.

Just a quick update on this thread though. I now have gone to Special fins and they made me a custom length footpocket out of the Omer Millennium. So if you want to do away with socks altogether then go to them.

Reactions: Milan
I am about to give up!! I've dredged up this old thread in the hope that there may be some fins out there that will fit my small feet (as in Cinderella, you shall go to the ball). I 've looked at Cressi, Omer, Beauchat, Sporasub. All the brands suggested in this and another thread on "fins for small feet" don;t seem to have sizes under 40 euro. My feet are 37 euro - small but not tiny. I doubt that even with a 3mm sock I could manage to keep a 40 on.

Will my only option be to grow my feet and turn into a hobbit? I don't think hobbits are very hydrodynamic. :-(

I just asked Apneaman and they have on stock fins size 38 from Salvimar and Omer. Have a look, they may fit with a sock.

Another option is certainly always a tailored footpocket. For example Breier makes custom footpockets. Although their monofins suck, the bifins are excellent and most of French freedivers who stay with bifins, use just Breier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shark2307
Just can confirm the OMER thing.

My girlfriend owns the Omer Millenium Ice 38-40, and they fit her very well with and without socks.

Immersion makes a small footpocket that I have seen many women use. The egreens are great, have a decent angle to them and are cheap.

I also use the "fat boy" fin keepers - much better than the standard ones.

I also use socks to get the perfect fit, in cold waters and / or to fit my wide feet properly (in an over sized footpocket)

Last edited:
From my wife, Brittany:

Ladies, the time has finally come: Mako Spearguns has created a pair of fiberglass competition freediving bi-fins for our little feet! I just tested mine out today and I LOVE them. I'm a size 6.5US so I got the smallest ones and with 4mm booties they are perfect.
Visit MAKO "Lady Freediver" Freedive Fins (w/ small foot pockets) to get yours ;) Love, Britta Trubridge

Attachments

• IMG_8375.JPG
    IMG_8375.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 178
Darn and I just got my Rukus last week which I have to wear with 5mm socks and fin keepers! Well it is great to know that finally there are some fins just for our little lady feet. Thanks for sharing that Will and Brittany :)

I cannot believe that the main freediving fin manufacturers still think that this sport is restricted to men and that women with small feet are still such a minority that it is not worth their while to produce small fins.
I am a freediving Instructor and have size 36 feet, I do NOT want to keep wearing socks all my freediving life and would like to have plastic fins in a size 36/37.
I recently have had at least 6 students with small feet and I have had to tell them that their quest to buy small fins will be hassle and leave them with little choice in make and manufacturer, not a good selling point for freediving!

I wear Omer Ice which have; after 2 years of heavy use, snapped in half just the other day leaving me with not a lot of choice but to buy replacement blades for my omer foot pockets after lots of searching on the internet for small fins came up with only 2 other manufacturers of plastic blades. What I would like is maybe Cressi gara's in my size, a very popular fin which could be even more popular if they went down a few sizes :)
Come on Cressi, Beuchat, Mares (She Dive Range for goodness sake!), Omer and all the rest...wake up and realise that some of the best freedivers in the world have small feet.

I couldn't agree more with you on this, its ridiculous, if u have a foot size smaller then 38 you are basically screwed!! I have omer millenium foot pockets in size 38/40 but i wear a 5mm sock with them and they fit well. I do get nnoyed that i have to wear the sock every time i go diving. I just bought the pathos fireblade in size 36/38 and they are wider then the omer 38/40 whick sucks!! I will have to try them with fin keepers and hopefully they will be good.

Hi, i'm have size 37 feet and i'm intending to get omer mill fins. should i get them with 3mm or 5mm socks? also, are there other brands that have foot pockets in smaller sizes? :)

Hey Iam a size 37 and have the milleniums 38/40 with a 5mm open cell sock. They fit perfect

I am about to give up!! I've dredged up this old thread in the hope that there may be some fins out there that will fit my small feet (as in Cinderella, you shall go to the ball). I 've looked at Cressi, Omer, Beauchat, Sporasub. All the brands suggested in this and another thread on "fins for small feet" don;t seem to have sizes under 40 euro. My feet are 37 euro - small but not tiny. I doubt that even with a 3mm sock I could manage to keep a 40 on.

Will my only option be to grow my feet and turn into a hobbit? I don't think hobbits are very hydrodynamic. :-(

Iam a size 37 and I have omer millenium foot pockets with a 5mm open cell sock, they fit perfect

Another way of customizing the fit of your footpocket to your foot, is with a "finsert".

http://apneaddict.blogspot.ca/2013/07/fin-fitment-tips.html

It can reduce the size and aid in power transfer, depending on the pocket. You can also double them up for those with really tiny feet!

Another option is a hydrofoil type monofin (x-20 or Lunocet) with cycling shoes that "fit like a glove", so to speak... :D

What do you guys think would be better to fit a wide footpocket... a 5 or 7mm neoprene sock with fin keepers or a thinner bootie??

I don't like 5mm socks myself... Unless the water is so cold that it requires it. You lose a lot of response / feel and your feet end up massively buoyant!

If you can stay with 3mm you will have more response.

See if a 3mm with finsert and fin keepers will work.

If it gets cold, you can also wear a pair of oversocks with the toes cut off.

If you must go up to 5mm, try to find a high-density neoprene and not a nice, soft, open-cell one that's all squishy and flexible.

For 2* water, I love my Elios Haiwa 6mm socks... But they are like marshmallows on my feet. WARM marshmallows, but marshmallows nonetheless. :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT