• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Hunter: new spearfishing game for iPhone, iPad

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Strongbox3d

Apr 27, 2014
Fellow Spearos, I know that everyone's been hoping for a good spearfishing mobile game to come along for a long time, and finally it is here. I created Freediving Hunter based upon my own experience spearfishing in Cuba. I tried to make it look and play as realistically as possible. It's nothing like the other spearfishing games that have been done before. There are no annoying ads or in-app purchases required. I made this game because I love spearfishing and freediving. I hope you'll like it and tell all your friends.

Here's some gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cPff40KeEgQ

IMG_0030-150x112.png
IMG_0085-150x112.png
IMG_0047-150x112.png

And here is the game in the App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freediving-hunter/id861561089?mt=8

I can't wait to hear what my fellow spearos think of the game!

Greetings! You might recognize my name ? :D I'm not one really for video games of any sort, but I've purchased this & although I still suck at shooting fish (lol) it's been lots of fun for me ;)

Reactions: Strongbox3d
Of course I recognize you, JayStarzZ! It's a small world. I'm glad you're having fun with the game. Stick with it. Just like real spearfishing, it takes a lot of practice to get good. Hey, be on the lookout for a game update this week. I'm adding schools of little fish and other improvements to make the environments more lifelike. And if you feel comfortable doing so, please go rate/review the game on the App Store and tell all your friends. Feel free to contact me through the website (www.FreedivingHunter.com) if you have questions or suggestions.

Very cool but please user the Marketplace > Goods for Sale forum to promote your (dive related) products.
Also, how about an Android (/Windows phone) version? ;) Or better yet...real spearfishing :D

Very cool but please user the Marketplace > Goods for Sale forum to promote your (dive related) products.
Also, how about an Android (/Windows phone) version? ;) Or better yet...real spearfishing :D
Mr. X, thank you for the kind direction on where to post my game info. I'll re-post my original message there right now.

I want make an an Android version but I need the iOS one to do well first, so please tell all your iPhone/iPad toting friends to pick up the game, and then keep an eye on www.FreedivingHunter.com for news about the Android launch.

As for real spearfishing being better than a mobile game? You'll get no argument from me there! But for folks who can't spearfish for whatever reason (health, geography, weather, whatever) Freediving Hunter is a fun alternative. I hope you'll get the chance to try it.

Kind Regards,
Carlos

hey man try and come out with it on android its such a sick game! you should make a freediving hunter #2

Hello 3prongslayer,

Thanks man! I'm happy to hear you like the game. I'd love to put it on Android but it has to do well on iOS first before I can afford to spend the time on making an Android version. Someday I want to make it for XBOX and Playstation, too (big dreams, I know!)

So tell all your friends about the iOS version, which is found at:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freediving-hunter/id861561089?mt=8

Tweet about it, and share it on Facebook and elsewhere, and join the new Freediving Hunter forum I started at www.FreedivingHunter.com. With your help, we'll get there.

Regards,
Carlos

Hello glockerjax,

Thank you for playing my game and I am very glad you like it! The update 1.4 is waiting for approval in the app store at the moment. In this update I implement "Headshots", so if you shoot a fish in the head and hit it right the fish will die instantly and you will recover it without a fight allowing you to avoid the sharks. In this update you will have your own aquarium where you will be able to see one fish from each species you catch, with the name of each species and your best record for each species. Also you will be able to take screenshots of the action and post it in Facebook or Twitter. Those are the main additions for this update among other manor details. For the next I am planning to add more fish species and other things that I am working on.

Please don't forget to review and rate the game in the app store to help me to keep the game in the top charts and continue working on updates, growing the game and making it better.

Regards,
Carlos

a really fun, entertaining and challenging game, will be actively recommending it, keep working on it.

Hello toni_d,

I appreciate your comments, thank you very much. I am glad you like the game and that you want to support it by spreading the word.

Regards,
Carlos

Hello Polespear,

Thanks for your comment. I am planning to publish it for android as well. It is just not ready yet.

Polespear,

I am currently working on the last update for the iPhone version. Soon after I finish and publish that update I will start working on the Android version hopefully.

Regards,
Carlos

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT