• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving in New England

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sam K

Apr 25, 2014
Hi,

I'm based in Boston and am on the lookout for buddies / courses in the area. Feel free to send me a message.

Sam

I just started free diving in Bali, but I live in boston. Would like to practice more this summer, definitely need at least 1 other person to dive with. Just getting started, I'd like to work on my apnea, but I'm not really interested in deepest depth possible.. More interested in going down 30-50 ft and staying there for 1-2 min at a whack.. Seems like it would be really crazy to do without at least one buddy there...

Hey Keith, good to hear from you! It would be great to go on some dives sometime. I'm working on getting all my gear together right now, and once I have, I'll get in touch! BTW, East Coast Divers is a great resource if you need any gear.

Hey Keith, I just picked up most of my gear last week. Wanna go freediving sometime this weekend or next? Send me a message

Interested in starting freediving. From Northern Rhode Island. Will be looking for dive buddies soon.

I'd suggest East Coast Divers. They have a shop in Boston, and they give introductory (and also advanced) Freediving classes. By taking a class you'll learn the basics, and then it's much easier to do it without an instructor - but always with a buddy of course!

I'd suggest East Coast Divers. They have a shop in Boston, and they give introductory (and also advanced) Freediving classes. By taking a class you'll learn the basics, and then it's much easier to do it without an instructor - but always with a buddy of course!
How long have you been diving?

I started about a year ago.... haven't done much in this area yet though

Any suggestions on necessities to start off? Aside from training what else? gear, exercises, etc?

You just need some gear. You need fins, a mask, and a snorkel. You can buy all of these at East Coast Divers. You also need a wetsuit and weight belt - you can rent / buy those at ECD.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT