• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Good location in Indonesia for Manta rays, Whale sharks, and mola mola?

44556j

Mar 14, 2024
Hello,

I am trying to find a place in Indonesia that has all three of these animals: manta rays, whale sharks, and mola mola (ocean sunfish). I know you can find both reef and oceanic mantas in Raja Ampat, Whale sharks in Cenderawasih Bay, and Mola mola in Crystal Bay in Bali. I also heard that Triton Bay is a good area to observe whale sharks. I read that sometimes you can observe both species for example in Triton Bay or Raja Ampat but it is very rare, I am looking for a place where they are more common together (I know of the Maldives but I am not going to that country).

I need someone who has dove in all three of these or in one of these locations in Indonesia to tell me if you observed both manta rays and whale sharks and if it is possible to encounter both species in what area along with mola mola (or if mola are only common in Crystal Bay).

Thanks

Hello,
Un Nusa Penida I saw both reef manta rays and mola mola. In different sites, but in same island.
I do not remember hearing it is a good place for whale sharks though.
Regards!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT