• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Greetings from Norway

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Apr 19, 2014
Hei all,
looking forward to extract a lot of info and inspiration from deeper blue.com.
Im Svein, a producer/songwriter/musician from the country of the midnight sun. I grew up on the west coast of norway, and I still live here. In my youth I was active doing underwater rugby and free diving/spear hunting. After I studied and "grew up" the spare time to go out and be in the big blue was somehow lost.

But last fall I started again, it began in a vacation to Croatia, snorkeling in the clear blue waters re-awoken my diving desire! I purchased an all year suit and full equipment, I have some diving buddies and look forward to a long long season in the North Atlantic Ocean.

Tips on free diving courses and gatherings for beginners/intermediate divers are very welcome, preferably in Europe, but anywhere in the world is interesting. I look for a friendly atmosphere, and nice divespots.
My goal is NOT to dive 1400000 meters, but id like to expand my time under water as long as possible, and be at ease down there. And also reach depths up to 15-20 meters. After that we'll see :)

All the best
svein

Reactions: UWRPlayer
Hello Svein, and welcome to Deeperblue. We have a wealth of information about freediving and spearfishing techniques as well as plenty of knowledgeable members. I recommend browsing the forums, using the search function, and participating in the discussions. There's a lot to learn here.

Reactions: svein hyttebakk
Hello Svein, and welcome to Deeperblue. We have a wealth of information about freediving and spearfishing techniques as well as plenty of knowledgeable members. I recommend browsing the forums, using the search function, and participating in the discussions. There's a lot to learn here.

Thank you Ray, I already found out a whole bunch, great source for knowledge in here.

regards
svein

Godt Nyttar Svein og hei fra Taiwan :)
I used to dive in Norland county where my ex lives, the water is just as green as it shows on your photos !
FD in cold water isn't funny in my eyes but still worth trying, I feel that my body freeze easily and relaxing became so difficult that it's hard to go deeper or stay long in water. Norway is a beautiful country, it'll be great to see more UW photos from there.

Godt Nyttar Svein og hei fra Taiwan :)
I used to dive in Norland county where my ex lives, the water is just as green as it shows on your photos !
FD in cold water isn't funny in my eyes but still worth trying, I feel that my body freeze easily and relaxing became so difficult that it's hard to go deeper or stay long in water. Norway is a beautiful country, it'll be great to see more UW photos from there.

Hei Elsa, og Godt nyttår,
Norland is far from here, aprox same distance as south spain, norway is a long country with a wast coast line, but I suppose if you are used too diving in tropical waters, its a shock diving here...
These days its 7-8 C, and with a 7mm suit thats no problem.
Also the visibility can be fantastic, Ive had days with 20-30 meters sight, almost like a huge aquarium. I FD at Majorca last july and the waters there where warm, but murky at times. and not as much life as you can come across here, if you UV hunt as well.
Im not that much into getting as deep as possible, Im fine reaching 15-20 meters, thats where most marine activity is around here anyways. In majorca also I did not relax more just because of the warmth, I believe the mammal reflex is stronger in cold waters, I suppose also it depends on what you are used too.
That said I plan on going visiting a friend living in the phillipines sometime this spring and I will make sure I get a hefty dive schedule,
he is a scuba diver, live on the beach on Cebu and have a boat, so I look forward to that, maybe I will attend a free diver camp and try to push myself some more into the deep :)
Thank you for your reply, and if you are ever here on the west coast you have at least 3 dive buddies ! :)

best regards
svein

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT