• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ye that was me and my mate at petit bot small mullet and wrass but nothing else really

Also has anyone used this site and does it have any relevant information for spearfishing???

http://www.fishing-guernsey.co.uk/where-to-fish.html

Last edited:
Matt, you were trying to link to the Guernsey fishing website, yes lots of us are members but this is the site for spearfishing!

Phew, for a minute I thought that you had caught aids from the sewage pipe.

Forcast for light NE winds and sunshine tomorrow, clear water with no swell...
I'm going to try again down at the Gouffre if anyone wants to join me saturday a.m. ...

Good idea Jonny, but the 30mile swim is putting me off! I am tempted to try a shore dive 2 mos in sweltering Jersey , but anticipate max 10ft vis, no fish and very slightly cold.

Yer mad Jonny, Enjoy! Let those of us who like our appendages a healthy pink colour know how you get on.

Hey Mike , we went to the friquet last night & i checked out one of the rooms for you - pretty good actually :)
What do you think about a two day specimen hunt?
PS you Email is full again!

Yeah Mike, probably Apple Pie'd the bed and did something unseemly to the pillows.

I cant cope with image, may have to cancel Le Friquet!

A two day specimen hunt wld be very good, but wld also enjoy a silver fish comp on the Sunday. Maybe having two slightly different comps wld add to the occasion?

Either way it will be good.

Re silver fish Comp. Apnea, our local dive shop, have run a silver fish comp annually in Jersey but this year, I think they r open to a the idea of a Gnsy comp, and i think they may be persuaded to put up a couple of prizes for a similar event over the fish in.

FYI, Jsy Silver fish comp is a Bass,Mullet and bream comp only, with a limited catch (Jsy comps were 5 fish of each species, but could be set at whatever). With prizes for overall heaviest catch, heaviest catch of bass, heaviest catch of mullet and best of each species..

I have been entering comps for years but the Silver fish comp is definitely my favourite.

I Had a nice swim in at the Gouffre this morning; the water isnt too cold and was quite clear.

6816610403_fed2d0a025_b.jpg

6816610021_982db2f00b_b.jpg

6816609331_f5eb1477fa_b.jpg

Reactions: Broseidon
I braved it too, but have to say result was as expected. Saw a big zero. Vis 12feet, cold after 1.5hrs. Despite the chill. Really enjoyed the diving and great to be in the water. No wind and sunny helped it feel ok. Looking at photos , Gnsy is far clearer than Jsy. How did u get on Jonny?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT