• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Guernsey 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
At the gouffre (start) it was very clear. Crystal bottom in 6m. But round at petit bot it was more like 6'. It was quite swelly on the way round, so probably that mixed it all up a bit. Hoping to try again tomorrow, but really wont take the gun this time lol...

just booked for Riviera Maya in April,looking fwd to some warmer,clearer seas.

Gnsy must have fallen asleep! This used to be a very active site, what r u guys doing? surely u can't be put off by nil vis, no fish and freezing conditions?

Hi all i was off today so got in at greve de lecq for about a hour 2f of vis no fish seen .
My diving was bad just not comfortable but nice swim out to the reef.

Hibernating Sounds good !! I think the north wales gang are all extinct! Not that I've seen the sea for weeks ! I did go to the Deep while working away in Hull tho very very good feel very twitchy now got to get in somewhere the humber looked like cold chocolate not good vis I think.

Hi guys.

Anyone seen anything yet this year? Thinking of going in the weekend after on the 19th if the weather is OK. Looks like a reasonable low at 11. Generally, where is the best place for clear vis early season? I dont really mind if I don't see any fish and a nice deep clear dive is always a well spent few hours.

I hope to do a lot more diving this season. I need to buy a few new bits of kit and then I will be sorted. Mainly fins and mask. I might take a trip to Jersey to buy them as I have quite a slight face and some masks don't fit properly. Anyone have any input on fins? I will fork out a bit. Probably up to £200 or so if there is enough of a benefit over cheaper models.

Cheers

Just back in from a good day out low watering. Me, JKS and Chef ventured down to the "secret" spot. We found 7 lobsters between us, unfortunately, only three were big enough to take, however, one was a clonking 2lb 12oz! Took a couple of photos and will post when i get a mo.

Nice one Mike :)
I'm hoping to get some scallops tomorrow...

Can anyone tell me a good spot for digging/raking cockles?

GRRRRRRRR! stuck in Bristol no lobstering/ormering for me :( Glad to hear the lobbys are around for those in the know. On a different note, would someone please hurry up and shoot some fish, I need photos/vids to keep me sane until I come home at easter and wreak havoc on the west coast.

I have had a few more ormers mate & I hope to get out in the boat this weekend - rod fishing!

Nice one Mike :)
I'm hoping to get some scallops tomorrow...

Can anyone tell me a good spot for digging/raking cockles?

Out side the peninsula Johnny if you know what your doing you can pick them up as they show themselves as the tide floods but raking them at the low water is also possible.

Thanks Mart,

can't seem to get it to work but will have another go!!! will e-mail when/if I give up.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT