• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hallo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dave_spearo

Dec 25, 2010
Hello :) , I'm new here. Now I live in Bandung, Indonesia as General Physician. Two years ago I lived in Biak, Papua for a year and learned from the locals there how to spearfish. They called spearfishing as molo-molo. I hope next year I can go spearfishing. I just bought cressi sub comanche 90 cm. I hope It's suitable for me. I'm having trouble rigging this gun because I usualy use mono and bungee cord. It's this gun using bungee cord?? I hope somebody in this forum can help me.
My English is not so good so I apologize for that.

Last edited:
From one newbie to another, hello.
I think you English is very good. No apologies neccessary :)
Dave
So. California USA

Hi Dave,
So happens I'm a doctor also! I know your post is old, but I'm planning on spearfishing and snorkelling for a Raju Pata holiday soon. Any advice you could offer sir?
Kind Regards, Steve

Hi Steve, just read your post.
Nice to meet another doctor in these forum
Are you planning going to Indonesia? Which island you are planning to visit and when is Raju Pata holiday? I tried googling with no luck.
We have too many places for snorkelling and spearfishing here so you have to be more specific.
If you need more information you can send me an email.
Best regards'
David

Last edited:
Welcome Dave_spearo. Commanche 90 is an excellent speargun & good value by all accounts. For clear waters (I'm assuming you have clear, tropical waters) longer spearguns are common (100-130cm) - longer still for open "blue water". However, I'm sure you'll be able to "bag" a few fish, especially around reefs and other "structure". You're own experiences will eventually tell you if it is too big, too small or just right - give it some time though.

Yes, I would rig it with a muzzle bungee. There are various options - probably best to search this forum or google for images. For the Commanche, I would personally go for a fairly lightweight bungee, such as Beuchat's inexpensive and lightweight version of the traditional tube, cord & swivel-clip style (they only last about 2 seasons though, in my experience) or the Omer "rubber bone" which you have to wrap cord (such as Omer black braid) around. Regular medium-weight bungees would be fine too. I think the heavy-duty Rob Allen style bungees would likely be overkill (but would work) for your speargun - they can be expensive here but might not be where you are.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT