• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from Miami!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rafter

Aug 7, 2014
Hello Guys,

I am new to the forums. I have being lurking around for a while. I want to thank you all since i have being able to learn a lot from the threads on the forums.

Will

Welcome to Deeperblue. What type of diving do you prefer?

Welcome to Deeperblue. What type of diving do you prefer?
I like both free diving and scuba. I love spearfishing and fishing. I being spearfishing for a long time but don't consider myself a expert. After reading many posts on this forums from other guys, I realize how much i still need to learn about spearfishing. I use a pneumatic mares cyrano. Contrary to other people I tried going from pneumatic to rubber bands but I didn't like it. I prefer pneumatic guns. I look forward to learning from you guys and contribute to this forum in the future any way i can. Thanks

What do you prefer about the pneumatics? I haven't tried one myself, but people do tend to develop a preference.

Have you found some local dive buddies? We have a USA/Canada Regional subforum if you'd like to look around or post in there. We've had a number of Florida residents as members over the years, so it could be worth a look.

What do you prefer about the pneumatics? I haven't tried one myself, but people do tend to develop a preference.

Have you found some local dive buddies? We have a USA/Canada Regional subforum if you'd like to look around or post in there. We've had a number of Florida residents as members over the years, so it could be worth a look.

To me it felt easier and quicker to load the pneumatic vs. the rubber band. A friend gave me a JBL as a gift. it was a nice gun but i just used it a couple of times and went back to my old cyrano. I know that pneumatics are suppose to lose power at depths and that's why many people prefer rubber bands but i really never being down deeper than 60'. A guy in the local shop told me that now, people are using some type of gas that is supposed to be denser than air and the guns do not lose that much power. I would like to know which type of gas it is they are using. I will ask in the speargun section. I usually dive with my fishing/dive buddies. We are all family. But thanks for the invite, I will keep in mind.

Actually it was and AB biller 48 wood gun my fried gave me. Sorry it was long time ago. I was at the shop today and realized i named the wrong gun. :)

As long as you're happy with your gun and it works for you :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT