• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hello from the Great Lakes Region

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kyle Gervers

cold water connoisseur
Nov 23, 2013
My name is Kyle I am fairly new to freediving and am always looking for someone to go diving with. I live in the northern part of the lower peninsula of Michigan plenty of deep water to dive in around here and beautiful shipwrecks. I am glad to be part of the group and look forward to conversing with you all.

Hello Kyle, I'll be moving to Lansing in August and I'd love to keep up my freediving. Where you freedive now? Still looking for a training partner?

I dive primarily in Lake Michigan in Onekama or some nice inland lakes around the manistee area. Yes I'm always looking for someone to dive with but i will be starting a new job pretty soon that has me traveling for 6-12 weeks at a time but when I am home im always open to going out or just hitting the pool

Sounds good, Kyle. Any pools in particular that will let you train? And I'm excited to try the lake diving...though it will be quite a shift from the Red Sea...warm waters, good viz, and zero thermocline out here!

During spring here(if you can stand the cold) the lakes have great visibility,though not as good as the ocean it come pretty close. Down toward southern Michigan where your going to be at the water tends to have a lot of sediment. Lake Superior is the clearest and coldest (it never fully thaws from what I'm told). Honestly any college pool or in my case the closest local pool is the high school pool will allow you to train the lifeguards can be a little uneasy at first because they're not really used to seeing it but if you become a regular,as I have, they come around and actually enjoy watching you.

Nice. Hopefully I can get away with training in the MSU pool then, but I still imagine max attempts will be out of the question. Oh well, I'll take what I can get. And I'd enjoy trying out that cold water of the lakes. Maybe not my cup of tea, but I'll give it a go if it lets me train.

one thing I will say about the cold water is that it does activate you mammalian dive reflex a lot faster and therein you have abetter dive if you want to keep in touch and have a facebook just add me on there like
I said I am always looking for someone to dive with at this point it has become more of an obsession than a hobby (freediving that is)

My name is Kyle I am fairly new to freediving and am always looking for someone to go diving with. I live in the northern part of the lower peninsula of Michigan plenty of deep water to dive in around here and beautiful shipwrecks. I am glad to be part of the group and look forward to conversing with you all.
Hey Kyle I'm Jon. I just moved back to Michigan. I'm looking for some dive partners. I do a lot of spearfishing. I usually lurk around the 60' - 90' depths but can go comfortably to 130'. This spring I will be looking to dive every weekend possible. I would love to come up and check out some wrecks with you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT