• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi all I'm from the UK, (Worcestershire)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nando10

Aug 21, 2014
Hi all I'm from the UK, (Worcestershire)

I used to spearfish and catch octopus when I was younger but haven't done it for a fair few years, however this year on holiday on the island of Madeira I really got back into it and now I'm having to upgrade all my ancient equipment! I would appreciate any help/advice as its something I really enjoy but only get the chance to do it when I go on holiday.

Thanks

Nando

where did you go on maderia? best if you post in north wales. my parents are from bromsgrove. but i live in london.

Welcome along Nando .As Kent Paul said The Llyn .may be a option but south wales coast may be a better drive/quicker .Depends on what you won't ,where your staying and who or if your meeting up with anyone ?There's only one way to find out come on over .When's your next holiday or will you be week ending ?Where have you been in UK ?keep us all updated

where did you go on maderia? best if you post in north wales. my parents are from bromsgrove. but i live in london.
Hello Paul, Thank you for your reply.I went to canical which is a beautiful part of the island,crystal clear waters with a few secluded beaches.Great for octopuss. i am the other way round from london living in bromsgrove lol.
Welcome along Nando .As Kent Paul said The Llyn .may be a option but south wales coast may be a better drive/quicker .Depends on what you won't ,where your staying and who or if your meeting up with anyone ?There's only one way to find out come on over .When's your next holiday or will you be week ending ?Where have you been in UK ?keep us all updated
Also thank you Denian for your reply. Not really done anything in the uk, i try and go abroad twice a year in the warmer waters lol. Parents live in Canical and thats where i keep all my gear. Alot of the gear i have is outdated and this year i got back into it, so decided i want to buy some new stuff for when i go back in March and wouldn't mind having a go over here aswell. I have a long shopping list and wondered if you guys could help me choose a few things as i have narrowed it down but cant decide. Your help would be appreciated
Fins-OMER STINGREY FINS or the CRESSI GARA PROFESSIONAL LD
Speargun-
The OMER CAYMAN GI
CRESSI COMANCHE
The OMER CAYMAN HF2

Thank you very much

Nando

Go for a Pathos Saragos gun - I've used one all year - they're brilliant pieces of kit and cheaper than the guns you've mentioned... the 82 model is perfect for Wales:

553.jpg

http://www.fins4u.com/spearguns_accessories_bags_and_socks/pathos_saragos_speargun_P664.html

Reactions: Nando10
i have a riffe eurotraveller it wasnt cheap but i can pack everything into the luggage including the 90cm fins. i dont know about the other guns, i originally had a cheap cressi. i have an oceanos suit, but one of the polo sub (?) reps dario deli posts on the north wales board. i have bought most of my gear from apnea online shop.

if you want to have some day trips from worcestershire/ bromsgrove pm me. i dont have anyone to go with.

Hi I am based in Northamptonshire but from ireland and will be making trips to Wales to spearfish, will be later in the year though.

JP

Hi I am based in Northamptonshire but from ireland and will be making trips to Wales to spearfish, will be later in the year though.

JP
Nice one JP, As soon as i have all my gear together i will let you and Paul know. I could learn from you guys also, as i am so out of touch.

I'm looking at the omer hf or cayman et probably in camo, and looking at the cressi 5mm scorforno wetsuit, I al ready have a demka aimii but need to find a spear for it, and I have omer Millenium ice fins which are awesome, just a water sport wetsuit at the min

i think most on here have custom suits, neoprene single cell, unlined, black or camo. there are a few companies doing them. i have an oceanos mail order from greece, its fine. polo sub, the rep posts on here, dario deli, is made in italy, there are a couple of other companies. if you only dive in summer its prob not an issue, or if you can try one on. if you are an odd shape or dive outside of summer a custom suit is better. they are not more expensive as well.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT