• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Hi from Pembrokeshire

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sailingphil

Sep 16, 2014
Hi

I'm new to spear fishing (i.e took a course earlier in the year) and loved it. I'm in the process of getting some kit together and just wondered how far into the winter you guys spear fish in Pembrokeshire? Is it worth me rushing to get some kit together now or shall i just leave it to next season?

Also do you have any tips on good spots in South Pembs?

Regards

Phil

Nice. I was introduced to sailing a couple of years ago and it was very addicting. I'd like to do more of it.

...I'd how far into the winter you guys spear fish in Pembrokeshire? Is it worth me rushing to get some kit together now or shall i just leave it to next season?
A lot depends on the weather/sea conditions & how keen/desperate you are & how convenient getting to the sea is for you. You've left it a little late - but there is still time to fish this year. Probably best to start getting your kit together over the autumn/winter, so that you are at least ready for next season - the start of which depends... . I've speared (successfully) in beautifully warm conditions in early November in Dorset. Feb & March usually have awful weather. Some find flatties/shellfish over the colder months but fish tend to be few and far between. Dec/Jan tend to be quiet. Best to find out for yourself though by doing a little exploring - a winter dive can be fun regardless of the fish situation. Let us know how you get on ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT