• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

In search to make a new friend/ mentor!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Krosys1

Jun 26, 2014
Hello all,

I am looking to make a new friend/mentor that wouldnt mind being my dive buddy and help me train to be a successful spearo! I got scuba certified for recreational diver back in november 2013 but since then I had laid eyes on spearfishing and I need to learn how to do this as a personal feat!

I live in the Santa Clarita area, which is about 30min from ventura and about an 1:20min from Santa Barbara. further destinations will require me to make plans ahead of time. Also would love to hit up catalina island.

I have a pole spear at the moment, mask, snorkel, gloves and thats about it. I'm in the market to getting the necessary equipment to make this happen (as i could also pair most of this gear to with my scuba diving trips). any tips are much appreciated or clubs that are near by the above mentioned locations would be great!

-Thanks for your time

Chris s.

Hi Chris, do you plan to spearfish on scuba or freediving? You may want to consider a freediving course if that's the route you want to go. You're located in a pretty good area for classes, too.

I defiantly would want to learn the free diving. Also looking for maybe a club where people have an outing or meetings about spearfishing.

I used to live in Valencia and moved to Malibu 2 years ago and been spearing freediving for a year, how old are you?

29y.o. in Seattle right now but after next week I plan on purchasing some gear and try to find some shallow waters haha

Hi all, I've moved this thread to the US section of the International Buddy Network area of the forum, which is intended for just this sort of networking. I've left a permanent link to this discussion in the Beginner Forum too - as it was not out of place there too. ;)

Plenty of coast line to explore near Seattle Krosys1 ;)

Thanks for that! Seattle was nice.i wish I had time to go in the water there a bit.

Hello, I'm wondering if this is the right place to post this, but similar to Krosys1, I am visiting Seattle in 3 weeks for 5 days: from 23rd of Sept, and am considering bringing my freediving gear with me. So, would there be some local divers up for going for a dive with a Finn? I've got 5mm neoprene, and hope that's warm enough still.

And if all goes well, I will also have the Lunocet Pro 2015 edition to try out...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT