• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

inexpensive dive watch question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Andrew the fish

Oct 17, 2010
hello folks. I believe we discussed this some time ago. I have Casio SPF 60 watch for almost 5 years now. Changed battery twice, some scratches, two buttons are barely moving etc. This watch has been with me to Thailand twice, Honduras twice, and extensively used for freediving in BC. Though watch is still fully functional, perhaps it is time for shopping around. Spf60 was out of production for a number of years even before I bought it. There must be something new in this class on the market. Something well under 200$, minimalistic diving wrist watch. Cheap I am, I know. Too many hobbies to be buying high end anything. Please bring ideas folks.

How long is the strap on the snorkel master?? Would it fit over a thick wetsuit and gloves?

I assume there isn't a strap-extension.

The strap is rather short. In my case it's OK with a 3mm glove but it would be too short for anything thicker than that.

is one able to replace the strap on the snorkeling master?

If I recall the real downside of the Snorkel Master is that it has no surface timer, something I'd really need.

minno

I don't know about the strap.
About the surface time I'm counting using regular calculation.

I don't know about the strap.
About the surface time I'm counting using regular calculation.

My prob is that I've got enough things to keep track of when I'm in the water, maybe when I've been at it another year or two I'll be confident and competent enough to keep track of surface intervals, in the interim I'd like to have a computer that does it for me as misremembering just when the interval started could potentially kill me, I'm just resistant to paying ~$300 more for the feature.

minno

You think you have to many hobbies!

Try me ;)

I have a top of the line sage fly reel on an amazing rod (500)

My snake racks came to a total of 800

My free diving watch was 500 (aeris F-10 love it!)

All my freedive gear is high quality for a good price but it still adds up (mako)

My camera with all it's different lenses is probably more than 1000

6 fish for my aquarium cost 340 alone tank and everything definitely over 600

I have spent 500 on my bow and arrow

I'm not a rich person but if you really want something you make it work ;)
Hobbies aren't cheap (unless you keep tarantulas those are really affordable :p) so personally I would invest in a high quality product.

Good luck!

that sounds reasonable for an f10, usually they're around $400 usd, well outside my price range.

I'm well over $1200 into snorkeling, my 7mm mako wetsuit should be here by the end of the week, a bit overkill for snorkeling, but I swim alone so I can't Freedive ;)

SS

minno

Sporasub SP1 is relatively inexpensive and does the basic. the strap is long enough for my 5mm suit and a glove.
I was taught to count 12 good breathe up breaths as an alternative to counting timewise, but i agree, the watch is more foolproof.

Hello! I got my Casio Edifice EFR516PB watch from Dipndive for only 180 dollars. It's not pricy at all yet a very good watch to look for. It's 100m water resistant and has a nice ergonomic design. I am completely happy with it!

Hello! I got my Casio Edifice EFR516PB watch from Dipndive for only 180 dollars. It's not pricy at all yet a very good watch to look for. It's 100m water resistant and has a nice ergonomic design. I am completely happy with it!
I don't see about "depth meter" anywhere in specs, looks like this Casio model does not have it. Big no-no.

thanx for replies everybody. Looks like there is nothing else beside Pyle.

Yeah, unless I find a killer deal on something better I'll probably end up with a pyle too, right now my dive computer consists of an Ironman wrist watch and a 30' chunk of floating rope tied to an empty milk jug for the depth gauge component :)

minno

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT