• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ireland Spearing 2012

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
No fish to see around,smashing day but freezing cold,few crayfish around,water cristal clear.It was well worth it going out,it took some time to find a decent depth,now I have more info were to go for next time.

sound like you had fun :) going to be going for a dip tomorrow if all goes to plan tomorrow morning in mullaghmore

sound like you had fun :) going to be going for a dip tomorrow if all goes to plan tomorrow morning in mullaghmore
Bit far from me ,but if you fancy going local(around 100k radius from Dublin),drop me a pm,I'm off till Friday!

Thanks Mart, that's what I thought. There do seem to be a few flounders inshore over winter though.
Why aren't the regional threads sticky anymore? Have I missed something here?

I think there is an effort to make DB more global, so all the uk regions and ireland have been rolled into one forum, so it does not look like a preference to one area... hopefully that means more from france italy etc can come onboard.
http://forums.deeperblue.com/deeperblue-com-announcements/93657-forum-simplification.html

So the problem with the stickies was that the there would have been way to many over 30 in the one forum so they were all unstickied.

There are plans for one super archive thread that will be stickied, and any relevent thread will be linked in there. So all the historical Ireland spearing threads can be linked and referenced there. It might be a little while until its done but it shouldnt be that long, in fact I might make an effort to start it tonight if I can...

Vasile... I am still up for a dive with ya also, Cork might be a bit far, but the fishing is great :)
I'm writing up a dissertation now (and for the next few months) so any major plans will be put off, (there will be a few small dives no doubt) but from the summer.... I hope to get on or in the water daily so I look forward to a few kayak dives also!!

Lads hoping to do a few more weekends up this country as well and maybe an Island trip to boot. Camp over there etc. This vid is from the peoples republic of Cork and its a bit short but some footage got fcked up so anyway. next one is on this Sat in Dublin.
Cork pool dec 2011.wmv - YouTube

I think there is an effort to make DB more global, so all the uk regions and ireland have been rolled into one forum, so it does not look like a preference to one area... hopefully that means more from france italy etc can come onboard.
http://forums.deeperblue.com/deeperblue-com-announcements/93657-forum-simplification.html

So the problem with the stickies was that the there would have been way to many over 30 in the one forum so they were all unstickied.

There are plans for one super archive thread that will be stickied, and any relevent thread will be linked in there. So all the historical Ireland spearing threads can be linked and referenced there. It might be a little while until its done but it shouldnt be that long, in fact I might make an effort to start it tonight if I can...

Vasile... I am still up for a dive with ya also, Cork might be a bit far, but the fishing is great :)
I'm writing up a dissertation now (and for the next few months) so any major plans will be put off, (there will be a few small dives no doubt) but from the summer.... I hope to get on or in the water daily so I look forward to a few kayak dives also!!
Drop a pm when you fancy going out and we will sort something out..:)

hi, maybe somebody going out today or tomorrow around dublin? if going together, we can go and farther.

hi lads, was out in mullaghmore last tuesday and vis was very bad only about 4 foot so had no luck at all, but on the bright side water was nice and warm for january, (not sure of temp) but i was in a surf suit and stayed about 2 hours was quite cold getting out but all the same happy to be out :) not many fish about but a few crabs

Reactions: kookiebrew
hi lads, was out in mullaghmore last tuesday and vis was very bad only about 4 foot so had no luck at all, but on the bright side water was nice and warm for january, (not sure of temp) but i was in a surf suit and stayed about 2 hours was quite cold getting out but all the same happy to be out :) not many fish about but a few crabs

I hear the place is crawling with lobster and massive pollock :)

Ryan robs only rising you cos he scored some decent pollock there last time round while Johnny had to make do with a few lobsters. Forecast aint great for the weekend so cant see the vis picking up much. If you are talking to the french man in the green vw transporter he is Philipe and lives just up the road in cliffony.

aw i was talking to him on thuesday morning, is he around all the time he was saying he does a bit of spearfishing himself :) is he on this fourm ? yea just looked at the forcast myself there doesnt seem to be great mite give it a miss :)

Last edited:
yeah he lives there and does a fair bit of spearing and fishing during the summer. sound guy but not on and probably wont be on the forum as computers aint his strong point. great man to show you how to fillet and cook fish as well.

aw brillant seen him around the last few years around there but never new who he was sound fella :)

Hi
Just a quick question if any body can offer some advice..
Looking to upgrade my gun this week and have been looking at
either Cressi Camanche/ Geronima or the Omer Cayman camu 3D.

There is quite abit of cost difference and the Omer comes with a reel, so my questions are:

Is there much difference in usabilty to warrant the price difference.

How many of you use the reel

Basically what I am looking for, is a gun that will last a few years and I can use abroad for larger fish.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT