• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Karpathos is a lonely place without a Freediving Buddy

pillihp

Aug 29, 2006
Karpathos is a lonely place without a Freediving Buddy!
If anyone is visiting Karpathos for fun snorkelling or more serious Freediver Training, then please get in touch.
I live here in Karpathos 6 months a year. The visibility is 30 metres.
Tunnels and drop offs are many.
I have a small boat and freedive with friends when they are vacation here.
Shore diving is also great. I have some snorkel safaris for anyone interested.
SO IF YOU VISIT KARPATHOS, GREECE, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.
Best wishes
Phill

Hey Phill,
Out of curiosity what part of the world are u located the other 6 months? If you are a traveler I live in US Virgin Islands, St. Croix

Hey Phill,
Out of curiosity what part of the world are u located the other 6 months? If you are a traveler I live in US Virgin Islands, St. Croix
Hi Christos, Next Winter I will be in Southsea, South England. I have a few trips planned, but probably do an AIDE course in Newquay, West England.
If I ever travel to your part of the Caribbean Sea I will be in touch.

Hi Phill,
i am in Karpathos from 10.08.-17.08.
I am a beginner freediver
Until now I have only dived in pools. for example in the Y40 in Italy up to 20 meters.
In the sea it was more just snorkeling. Because my friend is not allowed to dive for health reasons and there are also very few freediving buddies in Austria.
I'm also more of a distance diver. Maybe we can go diving one day next week?
Do I need a suit with me? But I think the sea is still warm enough. I hope to get your fins in my suitcase :D

Hi Phill,
i am in Karpathos from 10.08.-17.08.
I am a beginner freediver
Until now I have only dived in pools. for example in the Y40 in Italy up to 20 meters.
In the sea it was more just snorkelling. Because my friend is not allowed to dive for health reasons and there are also very few freediving buddies in Austria.
I'm also more of a distance diver. Maybe we can go diving one day next week?
Do I need a suit with me? But I think the sea is still warm enough. I hope to get your fins in my suitcase :D
Hello Martina
Thank you for contacting me.
Yes, we can free dive together during your visit to Karpathos.
The sea is warm down to 20 metres for general snorkelling with a 'rash vest'. I use a 1 mm full suit for deeper Freedivng.
I have shorties you could select from & borrow, plus I have weight belts.
I have a selection of snorkelling fins you can select from. I do not have long freediving fins to lend you.
The 'Safari snorkel' in Amoopi Bay is a good start at 5 m to 15 m. Including tunnels and caves.
Castellia Bay has 'Sea bream Alley ay 30 metres but 20 m is good on a the shot line.
My email is phillipsanderson2015@icloud.com
Mobile 00306971980100
You can find me on google Maps searching for Karpathos Menetes Guest House.
The best time for me to freedive from my small inflatable boat is 11.00 hrs to 13.00 hrs.
See you next week.
Best wishes and safe travels.
Phill

Another season in Karpathos starts soon. Any Free Divers visiting the Island of Karpathos, Greece this Summer, please get in touch. I have a small boat and I know some great reef and wreck dives. Shot line and weights available. Please bring your own Lanyard. Hope to see you this year. Phill

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT