• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for a barrel that's different

ChrisMacD

Aug 30, 2017
As the title says, I'm looking for a barrel/barrels that are not the usual round shape. There are, or have been, some manufacturers with some interesting shapes like the Pathos Sniper, Salvimar Hero, Omer Cayman ET, etc. but I'd like to find something that is easily available in the aftermarket. The exact shape doesn't matter, neither does the material at this moment as I'm just experimenting.
I've searched high and low but haven't quite found what I'm looking for.
During my searches I came across some interesting aluminum profiles with t-slots and I've played with the idea of adding a track to the slot. However, most of these profiles have a thick wall and other features that make them heavy and not ideal.
The last option would be to make my own. I have access to a lot of tools and equipment and a decent knowledge on composites but I'd rather find something commercially available before I pursue that avenue.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT