• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Oil Spill May Be In Loop Current Now

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to intrude on the battle, too much, but the USCG just went on record with some important news and predictions particularly for folks in Florida. More at:

[ame=http://fksa.org/showthread.php?p=45444#post45444]Oil Spill - Florida, Cuba, Bahamas & Eastern Seaboard Prospects, Deep Horizon Blowout - Page 2 - FKA Kiteboarding Forums[/ame]

Reactions: jay cluskey
What Spagetti said, times 10. This is DB, not a place to personally insult people. Jt, you need to chill more than a little bit. Everybody else, cut him a little slack. The poor guy is right in the cross hairs of this mess. That's enough to make anybody a little crazy.

And, in truth, if big companies faced a credible death threat, like confiscation of assets, they would probably be a lot more careful about risking the company by going cheap on safety.

Connor

And remember...when pointing a finger at someone...three are pointing back at yourself! ALL of us, well 99.5% of us, drive gasoline vehicles, use petroleum based products, and have a lifestyle (and medicines) that benefits from oil. Let's support getting the b***h shut off and how to mitigate the disasterous effects. :naughty

Reactions: apneaboy
All,

Any more trading insults and threats and I will close the thread and give out infractions to those involved. Have some respect for each other and take a few breaths before posting. Read your comments before posting them and if you have any doubts whether it is breaching forum rules, don't post it.

Regards,
Ben

i have recieved like 3 private messages to drone on and on with this same stuff. enough please. you are right any and all of you about everything you have ever said and will ever sa y and i here bye retract all my statements. i love oil . i love oil companies. in fact, i am going to go upstairs and fill the tub with oil and take a bath. then i will spend all my money on bp stock. is that good enough, or do you want to tell me who owns bp again.? i might not have gotten it the first 15 times . so who owns bp? the chinese right? or was it mexico? i forget tell me again .while everyone is all "offended and got their panties in a twist. i'm gonna be cleaning oil off rocks . i DO wish they would seize bp's assets. i DONT care if you dont like it. i am NOT alone in this. believe me. not alone. i will not respond to any more of this , so please stop. its old to me already.

Last edited:
... i own a 25ft sea vee .

Heh heh, bet thats thirsty! you will be bottling up that crude like nobodys business.

...back to the high drama!

ps. I see you have also been sending out some messages of love and caring recently. And remember....stress is the biggest killer. Nobody wants you to go bursting a blood vessel now. You take it easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very upsetting for all. Floridians & other gulf dwellers most of all. In the UK, we get Trigger Fish (& plastic garbage) drifting over from the gulf, so no doubt some of the oil will be coming our way eventually (and maybe the triggers won't be:hmm). Unfortunately I doubt if money can "fix" all the damage that will be done. No doubt other "stake holders"/beneficiaries of the drilling, inc. those who issued licenses to drill will also come under increased scrutiny. They'll be plenty of blame and costs to go round. Sounds like the President has already started the investigation.

I am sure the President has Mr X! I wonder how he is feeling about previously mentioned now high profile company being one of his larger campaign supporters? It won`t help that lovely shine, as did a Nobel prize after 3 days in office in my opinion? When I last worked in the Gulf for Halliburton their top man was vice President under the previous oil rich regime.

There is a definate theme here I think which I for one am not opposed to....Oil is currently king !!

Storm in a teacup, it will only take Jordan and Pete`s latest love tiff to take it off the headlines, and that is not to say I am not dissappointed for want of a better word about this oil spill!!

i know .. omega all this harping on about the oil leak needs plugging

i think its had enough bloody media coverage now already

I am sure all those directly involved will put in the hard work required to clean up the mess and if they get overwhelmed will hopefully ask for help.

Help needed is unlikely though as I also heard that jt is doing a HAZMAT course! Either way I have a set of pink marigolds, bucket and wellies ready for dispatch if he gets overwhelmed!!!

Well gotta go, Jeremy Kyle might be on!

Reactions: podge
i know .. omega all this harping on about the oil leak needs plugging

i think its had enough bloody media coverage now already

wow, really? that is some serious bad taste to say something like that.

and omega, you are an oil employee? and you feel the need to chime in here on the side of the oil companies, wow! what a shocker! you have less than no credebility on this issue. why even chime in? at least now i know why you are so opposed to the oil company getting their money taken.= you will be broke if that happens! now i get it! well, dont go spending up all your cash, cause if you got bp and halliburton stock, you may find yourself a homeless, when the stock falls to nothing soon. good luck buddy! atleast now your point of view makes some kind of sense. YOU are one of THEM! let me guess, you were the one who came up with the giant concrete tophat idea- to drop on leak.? GREAT IDEA! and the contingency plan?: MAKE 2 of them!!!! wow! did you come up with that? what a great plan! when the first one fails miserably- WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!! tell me this- if the first one didnt work at all, why do it again? nevermind, after reading your posts, i'm sure you were a sanitation " engineer"= in charge of the toilets perhaps? i hope THAT pipe never burst!! now that would be some serious shit!!!LOL

Last edited:
I'm closing this thread for 24 hours as nothing constructive is coming out of it.

Reactions: spaghetti
I am sure the President has Mr X! I wonder how he is feeling about previously mentioned now high profile company being one of his larger campaign supporters? It won`t help that lovely shine, as did a Nobel prize after 3 days in office in my opinion? When I last worked in the Gulf for Halliburton their top man was vice President under the previous oil rich regime.

There is a definite theme here I think which I for one am not opposed to....Oil is currently king !!

Storm in a teacup, it will only take Jordan and Pete`s latest love tiff to take it off the headlines, and that is not to say I am not disappointed for want of a better word about this oil spill!!
For the benefit of our American friends, Jordon is a well known topless model, TV celebrity & - to be fair - quite a business woman, in the UK:
Katie%20Price-Jordon-boobs-sexy.jpg
(That should increase readership:D).

I like the Prez, so far. I think he was embarrassed his premature "enoble-prize-ment".

Isn't the world run by Haliburton*, for their own benefit? I don't like Haliburton, they caused the price of plywood to double just before I re-roofed my home near Seattle :( (they were shipping all the plywood off to the middle east for the army bases). War, what a waste of money.

[*And the oil companies & banks]

I see the oil spill is *much* bigger than early estimates. What a waste, what a mess:(. It seems incredible that they had not considered this as a possibility (or perhaps they had :hmm) and made serious provision for dealing with it. Omega3, I'm surprised they haven't flown you out yet to sort it out. They've tried the giant funnel. What next? The giant cork? Remember [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Adair"]Red Adair[/ame] - a fire fighter in all sense of the phrase?

In the US, if an individual is harmed by a small company, they can sue and might end up owning the company. In this case, perhaps the US govt./taxpayers will end up owning BP.

Reactions: agbiv
its officialy 5 times bigger than americas worst leak .. and more problems are being revealed day by day at the investigation .....corruption and greed,the governments oil exploration licencing dude has been sacked, if he is as cuplible as bp he should be jailed .even the source of the blast is down to corner cutting as they took diffirent measures sealing the well pipe up with water as opposed to mud thus allowing meathane to escape and cause blast. this corner was cut by the drilling rig owners who were 50 days late for their next job.
louisiannas coast line already devistated only a matter of time before damage spreads further afield just how much longer is it going to take them to close its been 39 days so far

on another note there is a sign at the bottom of jordans drive way that says, park and ride ,

Last edited:
FYI On BBC Radio 4 this morning, I think they said, BP provide 25% of all dividend income for all British pensions! If true, we'll end up with even less pension that we were expecting :((which is pretty poor after the last govt. taxing dividends in pensions :vangry) - the British private sector is in a pretty pathetic state these days. Need one of the solid gold, copper-bottomed indexed linked public sector pensions, salaries and bonuses.

On a much more positive note, the BP chap, who seemed competent said they'd stopped the flow at the moment :) but its not over yet, they are still pumping stuff in.

It occurred to me today that had this happened in China, they'd have shot a few of the top guys responsible and imprisoned quite a lot more. It does seem like the top guys get off far too lightly in the west sometimes (the bankers getting huge bonuses after bankrupting their companies springs to mind, as does Enron, Tyco, WorldComm/MCI, etc., etc., etc. :( )

Last edited:
Wow Jay, you are beginning to sound like that mad man for Key West, welcome to the "pissed off at BP, government regulators, etc" club.

Connor

As Spaghetti will tell you, I am always right.

so here is the problem: (I'm not kidding - do the homework)

rand_pic.jpg
Ayn Rand

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon
like i said its not the first oil spill .. not the last but this one is so bad peoples arses will and should be on the line. the mad man from key west had a point but i think his anger and frustration got the better of him .. poor chap.. lucky he does not live in louisianna though they got it real bad

I will make givings way:

Ayn Rand provided the philosophical underpinning for USA policies toward business for quite some time now. She and Milton Freidman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT