• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Pole Spear Grip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rob27

Feb 16, 2014
Do you guys have ways to improve your grip for pole spearing or modifications to the pole spear to grip it better?

I use self-vulcanizing rubber tape. it is kind of sticky and much easier to hole loaded. Hardware stores carry it.

Reactions: Mr. X
Really simple mod seems to work. I wind some cord around the pole in the places that I am likely to grip so it spirals down the pole and cover that with electrical insulating tape. With lighter poles I am not sure its essential but I have a Ray Odor pole spear and to hold it with enough draw to power it so that its fast enough a grip is essential. The tape posted about above sounds interesting, I think I will try that with the cord underneath:)

I recommend the spiraling paracord down your grip area and ,as stated previously, wrap it with paracord. I use this on my mako traveller.

Reactions: Mr. X
Place 4-6 O-rings on the pole, slide heat shrink tubing of appropriate size over the o-rings, heat and shrink! makes a great grip for either bare or gloved hand and easy to remove if you want to relocate it.

Attachments

• 20140724_084934.jpg
    20140724_084934.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: Mr. X and dmaclay
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT