• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

SALVIMAR VUOTO AIR in the US

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ScalesLA

Sep 14, 2014
Hey everyone, I have been reading the posts on the SALVIMAR VUOTO AIR and it seems that it's a very well liked speargun at a very attractive price.

I am located here in California and I am wondering if there is any US dealer that sells this gun. So far I have found this gun at Scubastore.com but it costs $75 in shipping just to get it shipped to the US.

Also, for you guys that knows more about this gun model and the manufacturer. Would you buy this gun if you cannot get spare parts readily at a local source? I'm just worried that if anything does happen (and it quite often does when it comes to sporting gears), I will end up paying for a few times over the cost of the gun (in shipping cost) to get it repaired or getting parts for it.

Thanks for any info or suggestion you might have for me.

Would you buy this gun if you cannot get spare parts readily at a local source?

Unfortunately if I had to use that as a criterion for buying a pneumatic speargun then I doubt that I would own any pneumatic spearguns at all, spare parts suppliers being what they are. In a way you have to take a chance if you want to use something slightly different, but generally most pneumatic guns are reasonably trouble-free and when you think of how many are sold compared to the few complaints seen here and elsewhere then the success rate must be good. Worry about spares if and when you need them, however an extra shaft is a good idea if you happen to lose one, although substitute shafts may be readily available. Muzzle vacuum seals are a consumable, so worth buying a few of them as well.

Unfortunately if I had to use that as a criterion for buying a pneumatic speargun then I doubt that I would own any pneumatic spearguns at all, spare parts suppliers being what they are. In a way you have to take a chance if you want to use something slightly different, but generally most pneumatic guns are reasonably trouble-free and when you think of how many are sold compared to the few complaints seen here and elsewhere then the success rate must be good. Worry about spares if and when you need them, however an extra shaft is a good idea if you happen to lose one, although substitute shafts may be readily available. Muzzle vacuum seals are a consumable, so worth buying a few of them as well.

True, the alternative for me is to buy a Cressi SL here locally and try to locate a Dry Chamber kit for it.

Any suggestion what brand kit is available for the Cressi Sub SL?

Still hoping to find a dealer here in the US that carries the SALVIMAR VUOTO AIR.

Thanks for your reply.

I would stay away from it right now. It worked great for a few months before water got into the barrel. Also very disappointed with customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT