• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scotland 2014

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

grantl

Dec 5, 2005
Bit of a chilly dive last night. Watch said 9 degrees but if felt like a real cold 9deg.
Plenty fish life around for the time of year and a few early golf balls around too. Don't usually start catching them until later in the summer so it's all certainly looking encouraging.
We only got 1 ball but it was a Flyte and came with a lobster attached :)
uploadfromtaptalk1397322281614.jpg

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Very nice Grantl.will try and match that this week!How many scallopes equal a Lobster?

Think I need a bigger bag!.........The one lobster might be a better option!

Hey guys I'm up working in aberdeen at the mo brought the spear kit up looking for some spots to try anywhere preferably around the northeast or even north and west at a push any help much appreciated viz isn't looking to good at the mo but as soon as it clears up am guna try jump in I've found a few likely spots between aberdeen and Peterhead

I did find two lobster grant one I got but put back as boarder line size and the other I couldn't get as well deep in hole !I tried to make it in scallopes tho ! Not bad down here but no fish yet.how are you doing boys?

Blackpool Fleetwood mate give us a bell can sort something Warren 0786xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
All good here Ian. Had an early morning dive yesterday in a slightly rough sea but still ha 3-4 m vis :)
Plenty fish about now - we just need the swell to settle a bit to make it more enjoyable and less of a hardcore workout/pummelling . The sooner the better :)

Looks like im coming up Tuesday after bank holiday for two weeks work to Tain!Hopefully I will have time to get out in the eves so any one any tips help water temps vis anything ? Any one that way?

That sounds an interesting trip Ian. You may be lucky and get some nice vis up there and, I guess, something around 9.5-10 deg.
Sent you a PM for more info

Thanks .hope for some calm weather FB looks very interesting .Off to Llyn this weekend to bring my kit back.

What,s the score up Scotland with scallops is there a closed season like in wales?Posted message on FB waiting for response re meeting up with some one

Had a look around last night went to portmahomack but it was low wAter but flat viz wasn't to good but nice rocks and kelp poped over torockfield on other coast v rough and exposed but water looked good then drove up to tarbot ness by light house for a look ,it looked like Norway very big swell only if it was flat blue n glassy and 20 oc warmer!
image.jpg

Hello. I'm from Torquay but I spend a lot time I'm arbroath . I'm based at 45 commando. Anyone dive around that neck of the woods??? Any advice on locations would be a bit of help....Spearfishing ??? Or just anywhere that's interesting to have a dive ? Cheers MattMatt

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT