• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

State-of-the-Art mass produced Euro-speargun?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mr. X

Forum Mentor
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jul 14, 2005
I struck me some years ago that (Italian Company?) C4 had probably taken speargun design just about as far it could go at the time: beautiful looking, radically hydrodynamic in shape, all carbon fibre & stainless steel - although rather exotic & - understandably at the time - expensive.

So I am wondering, what is the state-of-the-art for spearguns now and how close have manufacturers come to realizing the promise of the C4 spearguns in less expensive, mass produced spearguns?

Actually, looks like C4 have managed to take things a little further since :D - now even more extreme:
401710_4a946832050969e048700c6c3728613a.jpg

Brilliant!

Surprised Miles continued to use mainly Rabitech railguns, despite owning a C4. Didn't Magpie get a C4 too?

Reactions: foxfish
I'd say that the closest thing to a mass produced, high-end carbon speargun would be the Sporasub SK40 - it looks stunning - would I buy one? Absolutely not - that lovely, shiny carbon is just going to get scratched and scraped and lets be honest, apart from looking cool, carbon provides no real benefit over Aluminium.

Give me a nice, bulletproof aluminium gun, ideally with a lovely reverse trigger mechanism like a Pathos.

Reactions: jks
The C4 guns look amazing, a combination of high mass & fast tracking!
Some of the models had the facility to take on water to give the perfect balance, I don't know about those?

Reactions: landshark sa
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT