• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For Sale Waterways Carbon Glide, 300mm, #5 Stiffness, Excellent Condition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

neurodoc

Sep 14, 2010
I've decided to sell my Waterways Carbon Glide fin. This fin is in excellent condition; always transported in a bag, rinsed after use, not left in a hot car...you get the picture! This fin has 300mm foot pockets and fits me correctly with just neoprene toe booties. I wear a 43 cycling shoe, 9.5 US men's shoe size and what I would call a normal foot-not skinny, not super high arch, not flat, not fat...These foot pockets would also fit a slightly wider foot than mine as I have some lateral room. Note that this is a #5 fin; the stiffest carbon fin made at the time. Would make a great sprint fin or deep freedive fin. This is a very fast powerful fin! The stickers are there for fun and do no cover any significant damage of any sort. As I often swim in a pool, the sticker on the bottom edge serves to protect this part of the blade. Despite that, some abrasions from the pool are visible, so this isn't like a brand-new fin, but it's in excellent shape. It has had no repair work save for reglueing one small piece of thin trim between the footpockets, a completely cosmetic issue that was quickly fixed with a few drops of glue. Some of that glue ran along the bottom of a foot pocket and is visible as a white stripe in the picture. It's been that way over a year and is not an issue in any way. Price is $500, please email me your location for a shipping quote. Last fin I shipped in the US was $52 overnighted from Arkansas to California. I will only charge exact shipping, nothing extra. This is a special fin that I have really enjoyed, but am ready to let go of at this point. Having two daughters in college does play a role in that decision ;^)
IMG1668.jpg

Attachments

• IMG1669.jpg
    IMG1669.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG1670.jpg
    IMG1670.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG1671.jpg
    IMG1671.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG1672.jpg
    IMG1672.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG1673.jpg
    IMG1673.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG1674.jpg
    IMG1674.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 157
Ok, bottom dollar here, because I'd like to see this go to someone who is a freediver or finswimmer. $350!!! And, I'll include a new fin bag from Bogdan of Waterway.

42?? This would fit you! I wear a 43 cycling shoe usually and have one older pair I use sometimes in a 42, and this fin fits me really tight with 1.5mm toe booties only. By really tight, I mean I have to put some liquid hand soap on my feet and booties to squish into the foot pockets. I've tried wearing it with 2.5mm fin socks, the ones made by Speedo, and it was a little too tight. I made it one lap and both my feet were screaming, and it took some serious effort to put on even with soap. I know fit is always the issue with these kind of fins, but I think this would probably work quite well for you with 2.5 mm fin sox as your feet are a bit smaller at a 42. I sometimes with mine were 42 and not 43, as using a fin sock with a heel like the Speedo ones is easier than using just a toe sock. I sometimes use the 2.5mm fin socks in my 43 shoes when I swim with my Lunocet; makes the shoes snug but not painful as they fit my feet pretty accurately. Using fin socks is a nice way to go, as they provide some warmth if you are in cool water, and prevents blisters. At $350, this is less than half price.

When this fin fits, and the bladestiffnes matches your use and strength, it's a great deal! A bargain for a fin that apparently is in very good shape really!

Reactions: neurodoc
Trelawney, could you give me a postal code to ship to? it seems UK is not specific enough for UPS to estimate... Thanks!

Trelawney, I haven't been able to get a good price on shipping. Even at the most conservative estimate of parcel size/weight, it comes out to around $182 which is just amazingly expensive. I will see if there's something I'm missing, or a different way to do this. Maybe DHL? I will keep you posted if I find a viable reasonable shipping method!

Any chance I could get a rough idea on cost to ship it to Australia?
Postcode is 2777
Cheers.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT