• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

what slider for cyrano evo?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

z06pilot

Jul 9, 2014
I am replacing the included threaded shaft on my evo 70 with a tahitian, and I am wondering if I should replace the plastic mares slider with a metal omer (or other) slider?

I have been considering a tomba kit, but occasionally use scuba, which seems like a problem with the dry barrel kit. I might put one on my evo hf 90 though. Because I generally dont take that one when using scuba. But what slider for a wet barrel?

You can get and use the Tomba slider without the kit. The original Mares slider or a similar Devoto or Salvimar is also cheap and fine. Rigging one of these with a thin (1-1,2mm) mono line will give you the most efficient shots.

Here's a thread regarding various sliders:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/comparison-of-sliders-for-spears.100956/

The new spear for a pneumatic is likely supplied with a slider - unless you have planed to modify a spear intended for a band gun.

A metal slider is normally a little more heavy and noisy. I prefer the plastic ones - especially the new Tomba. You can fx use this metal slider, if you for some reason prefer a metal one:
http://flfreedivers.com/spearfishing-gear/accessories-parts/compact-slide-ring-slr-c-9-32.html

Jégwan

Last edited:
Regarding the new Mares race slider I heard that a few users had some problems with it? That it is fragile or something like that...?

1. "Take this thing off and throw it away. It is worthless. It broke after 3 uses and I nearly lost the shaft as a result."
2. "I have never used a slider, and my friend broke his on the evo hf on the first day, what's a good replacement?"
3. "Salve a tutti, ho uno sten 11 100 di serie mi hanno fornito lo scorrisagola race... ho riscontrato una cosa strana.. ho dovuto cambiare gia 5 volte l'impiombatura perche si sfilaccia il monofilo nell'asola dello scorrisagola,la parte superiore al centro dei due fori laterali.... a voi capita??? Ho il mio scorrisagola é difettoso???"
Hello everyone, I have a sten 11 100 series gave me the slide ring race ... I found a strange thing .. I had to change 5 times already because the splice will unravel the monofilament in the slot of the slide ring, the upper at the center of the two holes in the side .... it happens to you?? I have my slide ring is defective??

Last edited:
Regarding the new Mares race slider I heard that a few users had some problems with it? That it is fragile or something like that...?

1. "Take this thing off and throw it away. It is worthless. It broke after 3 uses and I nearly lost the shaft as a result."
2. "I have never used a slider, and my friend broke his on the evo hf on the first day, what's a good replacement?"
3. "Salve a tutti, ho uno sten 11 100 di serie mi hanno fornito lo scorrisagola race... ho riscontrato una cosa strana.. ho dovuto cambiare gia 5 volte l'impiombatura perche si sfilaccia il monofilo nell'asola dello scorrisagola,la parte superiore al centro dei due fori laterali.... a voi capita??? Ho il mio scorrisagola é difettoso???"
Hello everyone, I have a sten 11 100 series gave me the slide ring race ... I found a strange thing .. I had to change 5 times already because the splice will unravel the monofilament in the slot of the slide ring, the upper at the center of the two holes in the side .... it happens to you?? I have my slide ring is defective??

I have heard one similar report from a user here in Denmark. I have only used the Mares race slider briefly.
I use the new Tomba slider on most of my guns.
My diving body have used the race slider for more than a year without problems.
It might be a bad batch or related to the type of shooting line used.
Jégwan

Also, for the 70 cm gun should I use a 32 inch tahitian shaft? The stock threaded shaft is only 28 inches with the stock tip on it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT