• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Forum Software and Design Coming - let us know what you think!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Following on from our redesign of FreeDiving, Scuba Diving & Spearfishing | DeeperBlue.com we are now on the verge of finishing testing of a new redesign of the Forums. This will also include a new software platform that will enable the next generation of the forums.

During the next few days we'll be working on the final migration steps and then move into the full move into the new platform and design. We'll be notifying everyone by email prior to it happening but as a sneak peak see some screenshots below.

Let us know your thoughts.

Attachments

• DeeperBlue.com Forums - Google Chrome 2013-10-15 22.07.59.jpg
    DeeperBlue.com Forums - Google Chrome 2013-10-15 22.07.59.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 198
  • The Beach Bar _ DeeperBlue.com Forums - Google Chrome 2013-10-15 22.08.33.jpg
    The Beach Bar _ DeeperBlue.com Forums - Google Chrome 2013-10-15 22.08.33.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Acronym game .... _ DeeperBlue.com Forums - Google Chrome 2013-10-15 22.08.56.jpg
    Acronym game .... _ DeeperBlue.com Forums - Google Chrome 2013-10-15 22.08.56.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Stephan Whelan _ DeeperBlue.com Forums - Google Chrome 2013-10-15 22.10.32.jpg
    Stephan Whelan _ DeeperBlue.com Forums - Google Chrome 2013-10-15 22.10.32.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 203
I think I would make the blue bars a bit leaner, agile if you will. Now they feel so massive on such a flat nearly white (aaah my eyes!) website. I would favour a dark blue or gray colour scheme if my control panel allowed for it. Also the distinction between layout sections is hard to see, making it more difficult to see where I want/need to go, and what belong to what. Maybe try some very light blue 'tiles'?

I agree with Kars there. The white background is really harsh on the eyes a little less contrast would be nice and allow for easier reading.

Thanks guys...

Obviously the design is there to fit in with the overall site design.

It's interesting the colour contrast is roughly the same as the main site (actually there is a very slight hint of blue unlike the main site). The screenshots don't do it justice. I'll play around with contrast and see if I can get something better going.

I can see that you would want a colour scheme that is the same everywhere. The reason I think why it was not mentioned before is because the text on the main site is usually much shorter than on a typical forum thread.

And I did have a quick look at the actual new forums so that I did not have to judge it just by the screenshots :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT