• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

14/15 July

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
next meet - if you wanna come put your name on the list!

There's also a 2 star course running with one place left if anyone's interested

Sam

Hi Sam

Thanks for all the help over the last couple of days. Also to Claire who has been my buddy today and helped me get down to that elusive 16m! Ditto thanks to the rest of the gang - Tim, Derek, Khun, Ben - its been a fun weekend.

So absolutely I am up for this next opportunity and 20m is the target for this weekend in July, having said that I'll still be delighted if I can do 16 again.

Both days for me please. Will get back to you on depths.

Cheerio,
Ben

Yep and me, will be down both days, but probably only dive on 1 day.

Not sure about depth yet, might be shallow and no-fins

Tim

Apologies but so far there aren't any Angels able to provide cover that weekend - we were good for the 7th / 8th but the change is too short notice for most of us. Still waiting to hear from 3 of the team but it isn't looking promising. CB will be good for 40m.
'till the comp then.
x

Last edited:
Not sure if you asked Dave yet but he might be able to Angel. Also try Ben Toms, Mark W, Pete if you haven't already

S

Ben can make the 7th /8th but thinks not the 14th/15th. Like I said - still waiting to hear from 3 of the team and I always keep everyone in the loop this end.

Brad, Jason, JJ, Dave P, Bex, Myself, Ben, Simon are so far unavailable the 14th/15th.

I've mailed your Dave but I know he's away right now.

I will get back if anyone can make it.

Hi
I'll be there for both days, 45m on sat and 48m on Sun if there's cover available.
many thanks for last sunday, it was great to finally come down and meet some uk freedivers!
Ben.

Count me in for this weekend (sat and sun) I am not too sure of the depths yet. I will be camping to save a bit of cash, unless it rains!!!

David Morgan

I'd love to come too. Not too sure about depth as I've had a couple of ear problems last week.

Hopefully 25m, but I'll have to see how it goes.

cheers,

John.

So we got cover this weekend or should I leave the mono parked in the garage?

Sorry - I don't think I'll be able to make it.

My left ear is giving me problems, I think it's called 'swimmer's ear'. I've been told to take ibuprofen and I've made an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow. I'll see what they say.

I got it last week on holiday and it seemed to get better so I went back in the water (probably too soon) and now it's come back again :waterwork .

Cheers - hope you all have a good weekend!

John.

no cover from Angels but we will test the counterweight first and if you're happy and we're happy then we'll use that.

So bring the mono!

Meet at 11am on Saturday, 9.30am on Sunday

Sam

Hi all, I’m new to the forum after completing my ** on 16/17 June with Saltfree. It was a bit weird jumping in without twin 12s strapped on my back though!

I’d just like to kick off by saying a huge thank you particularly to Sam for running a brilliantly well organised course. You managed to explain things in a very clear manner and your passion and encouragement was spot on. Sincere thanks also to Ben & Tim for all the help and tips on improving my very rusty technique in both the quarry and in the pool. Cheers also to Coen and Tessa, it was great fun diving with you two.

I’d been looking forward to the course for a while and was sooooo chuffed when I came back up the line with the tag in my hand. I know I’m a newbie, but for me it was a great sense of achievement. If anyone’s thinking about trying out freediving I thoroughly recommend Sam.

Sam, is it ok if I come along for a splash on Sun 15th? If so, I'll bring my scoobie fins along, but can I borrow a pair of yours if you have any spare (size 9).

By the way, does ANYONE know of somewhere I can do pool training in Cardiff????:head

Cheers for now

Derek

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT