• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

140 or 130?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LutzSpearo

Aug 26, 2004
Hey guys (and gals). I'll be ordering a new Rabi soon for bluewater use, and don't know which size to get. I've been using a 120 for general spearing, and chest load it fine. I am 5'8" though, and do have to reach a bit to load it. My buddy has a 140 that I'd try, but I'm in Iraq right now and can't. Anyone out there my size that can give me some advice? Thanks in advance.

I don't know if 10cm is going to make a world of difference. If your getting a euro gun for bluewater hunting I'd go 140. With my euro guns I try to stay w/ 20cm increments. I first got a 120 and then an 80. This way I can get a 100 if I need to and have the full spectrum covered. I also think your 120 should do the job, have you tried it for bluewater hunting yet?

If you can load your 120 you already have the technique to load any eurogun no problem.

Chris (5'10" ;))

Blake, is that you?

Can't wait to come home, this joint stuff is not for me! The Air Force personnel in particluar are quite an unusaul breed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think that the last post is in the best possible taste.
remember there are people on this board from all over the world, not just the US.

Reactions: Shadowkiller
Matt,
I forgot you had the 120. Go 140. Looking forward to having you back home to use them.

Last edited:
I'm looking to get a bigger Rabi as well. I currently own a 110cm Aluminum Stealth and a 120cm Apex Carbon. I may go 130cm only b/c I would like it for both blue and on the reefs. I hope the bigger one ends up being as accurate as my other smaller ones. Stay safe out there!

I can't believe that last post of mine was edited!

Rolando, Blake tells me his friend bought a 130 rigged for bw use with the heavier spear, but also got their normal sized shafts as well. That way he can switch from bw to longer-range bottom spearing just by switching out the shafts. Sounds like something you might consider.

I've decided on the 140, but with all the tax free pay I get, hell, I just might get both.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had many muslim friends as well. Including a Kuwaiti friend who offered to take me diving on the rigs there. The people I worked with there and Afghanistan were some of the nicest and most well-intentioned I have met anywhere. All politics aside, Matt has a unique persepctive on those things given his situation.

Anyway, I just wanted wanted back up Matt...not stir the pot.

Rolo, the 140cm gun is the "Hand of God" and nothing escapes its rath!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alison
LutzSpearo said:
That way, if I see a terrorist out on the water, I'll have a choice which gun I want to kebob his a$$ with!

With all of my respect to the comunity here...

This statement is more than enough to start poletical discussion, its even tempting to me to say few words about it, but here is not the right place.

So lets be little more carefull and choose the words more wisely when talking about such sensitive topics. Please..

Reactions: Alison
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT