• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

14mm vs 16mm on 110cm gun, 6.35mm shaft

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Gozon1

Dec 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a new cressi cherokee ocean 110 that came with a 7mm shaft. But I bought, and now use a 6.35mm riffe shaft (2 sharkfin tab) and was wondering should I use double 14mm on it or a single 16mm or maybe even 18mm . I know the bullet will shoot fast. But it still seems a little slow to me compared to my friend's 100cm RA. Twin 14mm rubbers and 6.75 riffe shaft. I was using the stock double 16mm that came with the gun.

Our waters here are very clear in saipan, northern marianas. And we mostly shoot reef fish, hence the thin bullet.

Go for double Primeline 14mm small ID bands and increase the stretch a bit. Primeline makes the best quality rubbers, and there are several vids on YT where they are compared against other bands and they really do shine among the competition.

Found some here. Dunno how they'll get them over to you, but I'm shure there is a way.
http://www.makospearguns.com/Speargun-Bands-by-Primeline-p/mbr-bk.htm

Check Majds channel on YT, there are several tests with different guns and mods, among others with different spear/band combos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/majdq8/videos

Okay cool, thanks subsub for the reply. Yeah ive seen those rubbers from mako and ive already sent them an email and waiting for the reply from them.

For now, im using double 14mm from my omer cayman hf special edition 130, it came with 3, 14mm performer 2 bands so ive cut them shorter and used 2 rubbers on my cressi cherokee ocean 110,
:: band length: 55cm, wishbone length: 4 inches (hawaiian style?)
hopefully these bands do fine until I can get hands on those primeline 14mm.. these omer performer 2 bands seem like theyre not even 14mm feels like 12 or 13. Weird..

Bands can differ a little from batch to batch from what I have heard.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT