• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

18/19 August

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
don't panic yet - I think I might come up

there are a few safety issues with diving the "shallow" end - loads of scubies and it's hard for you to watch each other so I'm not mad on the idea

will let you know soon

Sam

I'll come up - so we are on for both days

Saturday - meet at 11am
Sunday - meet at 9.30am

See you there!

S

I will be driving up from Milton Keynes on Sunday morning so what time do you expect to hit the water? I can forego the pre diving cup of red bush.

Great I'll get there as soon as I can. I may end up doing no fins I killed my feet diving without wet suit socks all last week so I may not be able to get my fins on I certainly can't wear shoes yet.
The dolphins were worth it though.

So may be shallower than originally planned. Still aiming for 20m though.

Attachments

• Copy of CNV00008.JPG
    Copy of CNV00008.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 202
If Dave and Liv are teaching Sunday, and they want some of their students photographed underwater, I should have my u/w camera with me.

anyone else for Saturday?

I've got a v painful ear this morning.........

Hey Sam,

Sorry am definatley not down saturday, fly out in the evening.

See you soon, ish, Oct or Nov, chistmas party?

Tim

Finalising Angels plan this end. So far I have:

Mark - 65 free immersion
Franck - 40 free immersion
Roger - 30
John P - 25
Tessa - 20
Andrew - 15-20?

Shallow dives might be CB.
If I have the depths wrong, please say so.
See you there.
x

OK - Sorry guys but I have a really nasty ear infection so I won't make it

Saturday
Diving - John P, Roger, Lammy and Andrew - please take it easy, max 25m as you are a bit short of strong safety divers

Course - Liv, Dave King, Thalia, Tim B, Charlotte, Mike

Sunday
Diving - Franck, Tessa, Mark, Andrew, Roger, John P

Course - Liv, Dave King, Tim B, Charlotte, Mike

Have a great weekend, sorry I can't be there

S

Finalising Angels plan this end. So far I have:

Mark - 65 free immersion
Franck - 40 free immersion
Roger - 30
John P - 25
Tessa - 20
Andrew - 15-20?

Shallow dives might be CB.
If I have the depths wrong, please say so.
See you there.
x

i might not get 40 due to recent shoulder dislaquation ( operation due in october..) but certainly 30ish...
will be good to see you.
see ya'

Well done people. Lots of pbs and equalling pbs. Stopped me being a miserable sod.

Go, the free immersers!

Andrew nice pb- but slap on my wrist for the rope set up :rcard - made it a good day despite all the rain.

Sam, I owe you subs - no change and I ran away before Liv got back to the top.

Lammy

Thanks, Lammy. I managed 29 metres on the Sunday and Tessa pulled out 25 free immersion too. (Not to mention a nice clean 65 fi from Mark).

Hey,

Well done Thalia and Mike on making their 2* diver certs - and Charlotte on her 1*. You guys are very detirmined. A few more crazy freedivers unleashed onto the world! I know it wasn't the nicest weekend to throw yourself into a lake! (Chepstow is now about a metre deeper after all the rain on Saturday).

Good to see everyone else too.. especially Le shrimp back in the water again:t

x Liv

Good teamwork, everyone. Glad you all had a good time, and that we had a respite from the rain god on Sunday.

yeah thanks folks! sorry I couldn't make it - other ear is now sore, how does that happen? does infection travel through the brain and out the other side???

answers on a postcard...

Hi and thanks to everyone, Sunday was a really good day.

I'll bring a spare pair of shoes next time I camp!

Sam: I think you could be right about ear infections - I had one in my left ear then a week or so after that had gone I had one in the right ear. So annoying!

Cheers,

John.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT