• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

1960s? Vintage scuba: Nemrod Comando pneumatic spear gun, SOS depth guage + misc

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

vwnotcher

Jun 4, 2012
Going through my dads closet and found his old spear gun and what Im guessing is a tank valve fitting and depth gauge

The speargun has been sitting in storage for over 30 years. To my untrained eye, it appears in excellent condition even down the the "comando" sticker. I pumped it up to get a little pressure and it ejects the spear. It is currently charged to confirm it holds the air. It has some of the other pieces that go along with the gun, but Im not sure what they're for.

I didn't see any markings in the chrome of the tank fitting. It is also from the 60s? when my dad was diving. I actually don't know what it is exactly.

SOS oil filled depth gauge. Made in Italy. 5ft increments up to 325Ft. Looks mint. The plastic case that it came in is included but is cracked.

I don't know that value of these items. Open to offers. email teddy1976@hotmail.com for pictures. Located in Delta BC, Canada. Thx.

the speargun seems to intermitently seep air from the trigger area as some oil residue came out. Other than this spot, it seems to hold air fine.

The tank valve unit threads onto the charging area of the gun, leading me to believe it is a way to charge up the speargun without using the hand pump (it was packed away with the gun and pump)

Any other questions please ask. Thx.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 752
  • 2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 3.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 325
  • 4.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 5.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 281
Hello VWNOTCHER,

Will you take $25 plus shipping for the Nemrod Comando pneumatic spear gun, SOS depth guage + misc listed in your deeperblue.com post? Please let me know. Thanks.

Best.

Glen
561-775-0911

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…