• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2 3 August meet - sign up here

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I THINK its ST542991

Lat: 51:41:23N (51.68961)
Lon: 2:39:45W (-2.66252)

but that's only if I'm looking at the right place on google earth - probably better to print out and follow the instructions. It is clearer than you think

Alternatively, if you're going there for the first time after the course on Saturday, follow someone!

Hi everyone..

I'm not going to make it to this meet..

Sam : "Wondering if we will get this many sign ups in February? : )"

(i'll be the stoopid one who's there in February instead !) :head

I'm off to Malta, to do some scuba diving, some sunbathing and maybe a little bit of drinking!!

have a good one, and I'll see you all at the next one.. (or in Feb, if you're tough enough!!) rofl

mandy
xxx

Last edited:
Reactions: samdive
ha ha.. see you in Feb Mandy!

I've got a similar mad streak... Dave and I are going to Iceland in August to dive in 3C

S

not yet - but don't panic. We'll cover your depths with the counterweight if no Angels are around.

S

Hmmm...

If the weather doesn't cheer up I may shelve my spearing trip and get some practice in the lake with you lot. Otherwise I'll catch y'all in February!

OK ALL watch this space

We are now going to have to have two shifts both days. I'll work them out and post them in the next 24 hours.

Please make sure you turn up at the right time, otherwise we'll end up sinking the pontoon with that many bodies...

S

OK - I've done the maths

Here is the final plan for the weekend. If anyone has not signed up - then we only have space on Sunday I'm afraid, either slot. Any dive of 40m or more must be made on the main line with someone operating the counterweight. Please tell us on the day if/when you are ready to try such a dive!

Saturday
Suited and booted at 11am to go down to pontoon
Tim
George
Stuart
Hannah
Omar
Brian C
Kate A
Gary
John

Suited and booted at 1pm to go down to pontoon
Sam
Dave K
Kattie L
Brian D
Martin
Louise
Jay
Kerri
Katie G
Ferenc

Liv - with Pete, Nevena, Hywel and David (students)

Sunday
Suited and booted at 9.30am
Sam
Dave K
Kattie
Gary
John
Martin
Brian D
Ferenc

Liv - with Pete, Nevena, Hywel and David (students)

Suited and booted at 11.30am
Tim
George
Stuart
Brian C
Kate A
Katie G
Kerri G

This is officially Saltfree's busiest weekend ever!

see you there

S

Either Mark W or I will post again soon and confirm whether or not any Angels will be in the deep this weekend. I'm sorry its taking a while to sort this out. We're waiting to see if a cold and sinus spaces will clear enough for Pete K to dive. If he can't dive, then we'll be on Sam's plan with the Counter Balance and good surface support for everyone.

Angels will be out in force for September.
More as soon as ...
x

Laura - mailed you privately. Happy to stick with the CW this time as no one is really deep

S

Folks - please don't forget to bring and pay your £5 dive subs this time.

Saltfree is skint post comp! ended up costing us rather more than planned....

S

hey sam, sorry for the late notice but I wont be able to come along to this meet!

See you next time,

John

Thanks for another great weekend folks...

particular big hugs and thanks to:

Gary - for cooking not only the saturday night barbecue but also sunday morning breakfast!

Tim and Dave - for packing up on Sunday - it took me 4 hours of dodgy-caravan-overtaking-in-the-rain to get home so I was pleased to get away early

and

huge thanks to Liv for teaching so I could get some dives in

just started a new thread for surprise extra meet on Sunday 17th.

I'll be there... but I'm not sure I'll be camping, I'm knackered!

S
xx

Yeah!! big thanks to Gary.. what a star. Breakfast this morning was a real treat and the grub last night was a perfect end to a great day.

Thank you Sam once again for organising this week ends diving .... Nadia was thrilled to meet such a nice bunch of people,
see you all soon
Martin

Martin, I know now who YodaTurtle is - fantastic!!

Sam thanks once again for a great weekend all round. Till the next time...

What a great weekend!
A group of people helping each other so much is really unusual in the world of sport... I guess that's what makes Saltfree so special!
Thanks to everybody for welcoming me and sharing your experience the way you did!
I hope to see you all again soon :) :)

Hi Folks

I know I rushed off and didn't collect barbecue cash from everyone - if you think you still owe me a tenner please let me know and I'll send you a paypal invoice - or pick it up next time we see each other. I think I'm 3 people short

thanks

S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT