• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2 Elecric Rays, Unfortunately

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
:inlove :inlove :inlove :inlove :inlove :inlove

Last edited:
ok i see there is more to learn about fish especially at lucia's school i hope that hand spawnig business doesnt turn out like that movie jackass, you know the scene where they were ummmm spawning a sea cucumber

Chris, you haven't been near Lucia's school recently, have you?

Attachments

• carpwhisperer.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Fondueset
There used to be a restaurant in Long Beach that served the most delicious frog legs, the Whaler's Inn it was called. I really miss that place. Haven't had a decent serving of froglegs since they closed/changed names/owners . . . something. Anyone know of a place in the South Bay that has froggies on the menu?

Oh boy, I miss SoCal... just the words, "Long Beach" -- music to the ears.

Old Sarge, Have you tried Ragin Cajun Cafe: Welcome!? There probably a bunch of Chinese places that serve it, too, if you don't like them deep fried.

I don't eat them, personally. A few months ago, I stood behind someone at the checkout line who had bought freshly butchered frogs legs. They were in clear plastic bags, bloody, and STILL MOVING. The legs were jerking around in the bag!! :yack The checkout person and I nearly had ccb - checkoutcounter blackout.

Cheers to you,

Reactions: Oldsarge
I've bought frozen ones in the market that the Chinese liked but they were 'way too small for my taste. I think we'll give the Ragin' Cajun a try tomorrow night 'cause you can always get a table on Sunday . . . anywhere! Now batter fried isn't my favorite but I'll give it a try. The Whaler's Inn used to do them sauteed in a white wine sauce . . . sob!

Thanx for the tip!

Aha! Alright, Spaghetti you've got to come to California! The Arches oldest restaurant in Newport Beach (opened in 1923), has them daily served either Provincal in wine sauce or amondine. Guess where Mrs. Sarge is being taken tomorrow night!

Reactions: spaghetti
Something in line with the conversation:

Last edited:
Reactions: naiad
Good one, Dobs, but please no cartoons about the tuna "thing"...;-)
Sarge, if I'll ever come to SoCal yours will be the first door I'll come knocking on.
In the meantime, try this one some odf these days:
Spaghetti al nero di seppia (cuttlefish ink)
Ingredients:for servings 4, preperation time 40 min.
Cuttlefish 500 gr.
Spaghetti 300 gr.
White wine ½ glass
Tomato concentrate 2 spoonfuls
Garlic 2 cloves
Parsley a sprig
Extra-virgin olive oil 4 spoonfuls
Salt to taste
Peppercorns to taste

Nature has given the cuttlefish a black sac to defend itself and the Italians have invented another use – to colour, flavour and garnish a spaghetti dish.
Clean the cuttlefish and put the black sacs aside. Wash them under running tap water and cut them into small pieces.
Remove the stems of the parsley and wash the leaves. Peel the garlic cloves and dice them together with the parsley. Put them into a pot with the oil and add the cuttlefish and some freshly ground pepper. Stir well and cook them with the lid on at a low heat for about 20 minutes. Add the salt halfway through the cooking time.
When the time is finished, pour the wine over and add the tomato concentrate and go on cooking for another 20 minutes. Then dilute the sauce by adding a little hot water, cook at a low heat and with the lid on, for about 30 minutes, stirring every now and then, with a wooden spoon.
In the meantime, put a pot on the fire with plenty of salted water and when it boils, cook the spaghetti and drain al dente.
As soon as the cuttlefish are ready, add the black liquid from the sacs and let the sauce acquire flavour for a few minutes. Then remove it from the fire. Put the spaghetti onto a serving dish and season them with the cuttlefish and their sauce and serve hot at table straight away.
Serve with dry white wine, 11°C (Vermentino will do good)

Last edited:
Reactions: Huw
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…