• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2000lb Fish which would be the meanest?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My fear is about the guppy... Just imagine what it would be if a 1-ton pis*ed off guppy desides it's time for revenge! :vangry :martial :blackeye
(I killed at least few dozens myself as a home-made aquarist!)

A 1-ton Catfish probably wouln't be too cool to run into either in my view. There are some big 'uns that like to hang around the outlets of a few dams in Arizona that tend to be somewhat less than friendly, not to mention they eat anything and everything that gets inside the range of their whiskers.....

I gotta go with Trigger fish follwed by a tie between the dreaded Sgt. Major nippplefish :waterwork and the bluegill.
Mark

How about thoes little sting rays that hang out around rocks and like to leave 3 or 4 inch long bone spikes in youre foot-ouch :crutch

Last edited:
I know its not a fish but a 2000lb octopus would be a mean mutha, and what about a 2000lb lobster? how big do you reckon do those claws would be?

How about a 2000lb spanish mackerel or barracuda !!! All those teeth would but a GW to shame . SMILE !!!!!!!

Why is it that the most potentially dangerous animals are usually small enough to be harmless? Small pets like hamsters and parakeets are often vicious and untrainable, and have a surprisingly nasty bite for their size. If large animals such as horses and cattle were similarly tempered, we would be in trouble.

The same seems to apply to things that live in the water... fair enough, there are sharks, barracudas etc, but they don't always attack everyone they encounter, and I've never known a goldfish to think twice about eating something.

Maybe we're more lucky than we think!

Edit: There is a 660lb carp!

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/12/1214_041214_huge_fish.html

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepThought
:martial Not really, if they were big enough and mean enough to scare people then they would have been eaten by now! :martial :martial :martial :martial

jim

Party pooping:
Crabs, sea urchins and jellyfish-oids are not fish.

Think of the disgustment stepping on a 2000lbs sea cucumber (not a fish)

oh yeah man, but if we can imagine a 2000 lb bulldolphin, why cant we in that logic imagine a sea urchin as a fish? haha :) :t

Last edited:
seaman said:
oh yeah man, but if we can imagine a 2000 lb bulldolphin, why cant we in that logic imagine a sea urchin as a fish? haha :) :t
O did we? must've missed that. :)
So how bout a 2000lbs scuba diver spearfisher? ain't that the worst? (rofl I'm all tease now)

A 2000lb sucking loach could be dangerous. I used to keep tropical fish, and the sucking loach is supposed to be peaceful and good to keep with other species. This is partly true as 99.999% of the time it is a peaceful grazer of algae, and it keeps the sides of the tank clean like this. Unfortunately the other 0.001% of the time it decides on a variation to its diet, and at night it attaches itself to another fish and eats a hole in it, causing a fatal wound.

Newts (not a fish :)) would also be mean if they were any bigger - these amphibians which live in ponds are great fighters, and they eat anything that moves, including each other. Fortunately they can grow new parts, so although they regularly lose legs and tails, there is no permanent damage.

The dragonfly larva (an insect) is also a fierce predator in ponds. It uses its lower lip, which is armed with long hooks, to catch its prey. It also breathes through its rectum, and uses it for jet propulsion (by filling it with water and then expelling it).

Back to fish... I wouldn't want to meet a 2000lb pike. There is a record of one that killed a fully-grown and healthy swan.

I'm glad I don't live in a pond!

Reactions: sinkweight
naiad said:
The dragonfly larva (an insect) is also a fierce predator in ponds. It uses its lower lip, which is armed with long hooks, to catch its prey. It also breathes through its rectum, and uses it for jet propulsion (by filling it with water and then expelling it).

I'm glad I don't live in a pond!

Oh God! I can just see it now. The next version of some Space show that is really nature oriented....

"Scotty, Engage the Dragonfly-Fart-Drive! Warp 10!"

rofl

Bretster said:
"Scotty, Engage the Dragonfly-Fart-Drive! Warp 10!"

"She's givin' it all she's got, captain, but we've run out of the chili with beans!"

Reactions: naiad
Once when I was a kid I caught a large dragonfly nymph in the school pond and carried it around the playground. It was farting frantically, either trying to breathe or hoping to escape by jet propulsion.

I released it back in the pond, so it lived to fart another day...

Reactions: DeepThought
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT