• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2005's SPECIAL Caption Contest!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
"Bubble Bubble Toil and Trouble!
Fillet of a fish, it might be Hake!
In the cauldron boil and bake:
eye of the cuban and toe of frog,
refried beans and tongue of dog,
Takeout curry and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and onion ring,
for a charm of pow'rful stomachal trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."

-Second Freediver, "Sveneth," Act IV: Scene 1

ps Ripped off from the Scottish play (Macbeth)

Last edited:
"Yes I know it's a pretty gay looking towell, but you were the one that bought it for me!"

All together now.......

"Beans, beans, the musical fruit,
The more ya eat, the more ya toot,
The more ya toot, the better the roil,
so toot away and let the hot tub BOIL!"

rofl

Reactions: Shadowkiller
"Man we got it made, fellas....Relaxing with some booze in a scorching hot-tub while the ladies toil away to make us dinner....By the way, did they happen to mention what we're having?"

Attachments

• boilingpoint.jpg
    boilingpoint.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 248
OH No! I think sinkweight's on a roll! rofl

Adrian

Sven and crew demonstrate proper safety protocols in practice:

1) They're using the buddy system... :hmm

2) There is an attentive 'designated' diver, Aquilles, tending on the surface to mitigate any inadvertent mishaps. :chatup

3) Note the the effective use of mutually agreed upon hand signals - in this case the 'O.K.' sign is being given by Jeff. :friday

Yes friends, it looks like yet another swell day in paradise. Remember, dive safety is your friend - the life you save could be your own. :wave

Thanks again Sven! ;)

-Ward2

Dammit Sven....you said this was the AB-GRAB! Not the ASS-GRAB. Theres no way Im getting back in there! :chatup

or

2 men and one stub in a bubbling hot tub... rofl

Sven - "come on Aquiles...get back in. I said I was sorry."

Aquiles - "OK...but if you touch my leg again you'll leave this tub minus ANOTHER digit!"

you know the only place you can find a hot tub with such a crew would be in Califonia....was the ab-grab in San Fran this year? :girlie

Jeff: "Only 2,341 more of these glasses to go..."

Achilles/Sven: Yeah that's what you think buddy...

Re: 2005's SPECIAL Caption Contest WINNER!!!

Thanks for all the responses to the Contest . I don't know if it was the photo for this month or if you all wanted your name on the hundy going to the Red Cross for use in the areas tswiped by the tsunami, but let me know as I like to see the efforts...

Def pretty much could have walked away with it right out of the gate with his veeery tongue in cheek take on the goal of every No Cal diver and pretty much every unsatisfied female I've ever met. :hmm

Butt then bdurrett weighed in with his veeery funny entry about keeping oneself to oneself.

The Ted (unirdna) struck with one of SNL's greatest little clips with Sandler and Farley. rofl

Ward was going to tie with def with his recitation of freedive safety procedures, but then...

SINKWEIGHT lobbed in the winnah with the advertisement of DB's very own Freedive Clinic. Smooth in the extreme ma man. Smooth. :cool: By the way, your entry of the chosen ones :king in the stewpot was a close second.

And so... a phone call has been made to the Red Cross, the credit card info exchanged and a mention made to the staff there that this is from you. They say that a certificate with your name on it will be mailed to you, but I said to save the postage and use it for the cause, OK? :cool: Enough that you can pick between a DB T-shirt or a coffee mug, eh? :thankyou

Send me your preference, size of the shirt if that be your choice and the mailing particulars. Nice job.

And hey, to everybody..... scrounge through the wash, the ashtray and the sofa and send the change to any agency you see fit so that the folks without a wash, ashtray or sofa can get a start. Karma ensues. ;)

Well done Sinkweight and welcome to the most select of DB groups ;)
Would like to say thank you to Sven too for handing over the dosh for a cause that is extremely close to my heart, it really will make a difference to more than a few families, just to put it into perspective, that is a whole years salary to some of these people! Cheers :)

Hey Hey HEY!

Thanks Sven, and the rest of the Smooth dynasty, as well as everybody else here at DB-dot-net. I'm honored to even have been remotely involved with any help going towards anybody who's had such a tragedy befall them. I hope the Deeperblue god, or gods, grant my wish to stack some rep on Icarus' name.

I might be the only one in Dallas, TX with a Deeperblue shirt on soon, so I figure I'll have to wear it 75% more than the average shirt, as to better improve my chances of advertising the deepest site on the web.

Thanks again, I'll see everybody very soon...perhaps on February's caption contest?

"toooot.... sir get out of the deep end!!!!"

just had to throw that in even though its all done

Attachments

• Jan 2005 DB.jpg
    Jan 2005 DB.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT