• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

2013 individual WC depth.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cebaztian

Oct 3, 2003
CWT - CNF - FIM

Kalamata is applying again. Same set up.

Honduras is applying, remote island.

Any more info?
Comments?

Sebastian

Honduras would be very very cool. They have everything, down to a submarine so that VIPs can wave at you when you take the tag.
And a lot more cool things to do in down time :)

Also, though Roatan is kind of remote, there are direct flights from Europe (Milan) to the island, as well as many American airports, and once you are there it is cheaper than any European destination.

Plus...
- shark diving
- reef & wreck diving
- dive to 800m (2500ft) in a 3-man submarine to see alien species or watch 6-gill sharks feeding in the night
- canopy flying
- great night life in waterfront bars
- horseback riding, ocean kayaking
- catamaran trips to nearby Utila (another diving mecca)

Honduras means 'depths' in Spanish...

If the Caribbean is chosen I have this idea of flying to Florida and buying a sailboat and sail passed Cuba to Honduras, Roatan and train along the way.
If so, I will need collaborators/investors.

:)

Sebastian

My name is Esteban Darhanpe ,I am the main organizer of the potential WC 2013 in Roatan , I am Argentinian, but have been a resident in Honduras for the past 12 years.I pay the price of being far away from my family so I can live in Roatan, where I work as a Diving Instructor, and I enjoy the privilege of swimming to the coral reef wall in my free time and practicing apnea in an amazing reef which astounds but at the same time concerns me.
I cannot gloat of being a competitive free diver, 85 feet FI, 4 45" static will not impress the likes of you. But I feel the passion. Ever since I watched the Triple Deep 2005 video of Dahab, to this date, my dream, has been to host an event like this in Roatan.
I think AIDA's goal and responsibility is to promote Freediving, and we are anxious to see freedivers from the whole world here, so everybody can see the huge potential that Roatan has for this. Hosting a Championship here would help us to achieve this goal, while at the same time promoting a sustainable use of the reef, which we strive to protect.
We have never held a competition of this sort, which is another reason why a World Championship in Honduras would be fantastic, it is exactly what we need, to integrate, and to allow athletes from all over America to participate.

Follow our efforts on our Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Application-to-host-the-2013-AIDA-World-Championship-Roat%C3%A1n-Honduras/419714048064949?ref=hl

Reactions: Will and cebaztian
great idea, love it, nice to see non-euro locations on the radar. and not to mention those beautiful beaches. I really hope it works out there.

Welcome to DB Esteban and all the best with the candidature got the WC

Hi Esteban,

Could you tell me about the dive conditions, especially currents, swell, and distance to the second wall from shore, off West Bay, as I'd planned on doing some deep filming with Karl's sub in late May?

Kindly
Seb

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT