• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

21-22 August Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Hi

The next meet is nearly full

So far on the list I have

Sam
Bryn
Alex
Lars
Dave M
Dave H
Mark H
Dan S
Guy
Lisa
Naomi
Remy
Ross
Shaun

some people are doing the AIDA *** that weekend so let me know if you are interested in joining in.

If you would like to come and are not on the list, please let me know before Wed 28th July as I will off to Vancouver and would like to have the list done before I go

Camping and another legendary barbecue are on the cards, hope my flying glow stick wounds have healed by then!

thanks

Scratched Sam

Unfortunately Martin and I can't make the next one - did I mention we'd be in Hurdhada, I can't remember if I told you :D

Clear seas, lots of fish, hot sun.......

Donna :)

Hmmm - I meant Hurghada!!!! Duh....must be the excitement!

Can’t wait for the next meet, rearranged my return flight from Italy just so I could make it and see all you mad fish people again. Have sorted out two pool sessions a week with two separate scuba clubs in Cardiff, cant get in the pool with fin/fins unless you get with an existing club. If any one is in the area needing a place to train just let me know, could use a buddy. Going to get as much practice as I can with this new monofin of mine. Have used it once already and it feels great!
See you all soon.

Dan

Hi Dan
keep me posted on the Cardiff sessions

I might be up for some of that - Cardiff is not far from Bristol

Sam

Hi Sam,
I went for the first time last Wednesday to the pool at UWIC Uni. The scuba club have said i can keep going from now on, only problem is the pool dose not have a lot of space so you have to make the most of it but any wet time is a bonus.
Im going to the pool again tonight as there is another scuba club training. Will let you know how it go's.
With any luck i will have a Monday and Wednesday session.
L8er People.

P.S.
Have been reading all the posts on the freediver web site running up to Cyprus and to say im gutted I missed the comp is an understatement!!!!!!!!!!

Bit of useless general info for everybody. Don’t know if you guys are aware but there is a £70millian development underway in Cardiff Bay. On the 80 acre site is planned an ice rink internal artificial snow slope full athletics stadium shops flats etc. The best thing they are building though is an Olympic size pool (50m!!!!!!). It’s a 10 year project that started last year but im very happy to say the first thing they started on was the pool. I was there for the first dig as I was doing some surveying for the access roads. The pool has a completion date for the end of next year which aint to long really.
Cant wait!!!!

No rest for the wicked.. saltFree is on next weekend, mainly so you can all welcome the team back and buy us some caffeine free coca colas...

names on the list are

Bryn (3* Course)
Dave K (3* Course)
Mark H (3* Course)
Dave M
Dan S
Guy (3 * Course?)
Lisa (are you better?)
Naomi
Remi
Lars (freediving Saturday)
Alex
Shaun

let me know asap if that has changed
thanks

Sam

Usual schedule - meet about 9.30am on Saturday and dive once in the morning and again when we are ready.

One dive on Sunday morning - meeting again about 9.30

Course people - we have a lot to get through so please be on time!

thanks

Sam

Thanks Sam for updating my name with a I
I don't like this crap Y :(
Next step will be the accent on the é :)

I think the easiest is to just copy the "é" from somewhere (my thread for example)
Otherwise you have to add a new keyboard language from the control panel/keyboard options and then change from English to French when you need.

However, I was just kidding, "Remi" is ok :)

Alt 130

Alternatively, you can hold down the "Alt" key, and while holding it down type in 130, then release the "Alt" key. Like so: é

see you all tomorrow about 9.30

anyone camping? anyone got room in a tent/spare tent?

Sam

definitely up for camping this time. have got a 3man tent (new so i have no idea how to put it up) which so far only has me in it so if you need somewhere to rest your sleeping bag i would imagine that there is space!

alex

thanks Alex - will see what the weather is like and might take you up on that!

Sam

big thanks to everyone who made it along this weekend.

Congratulations to everyone who got a PB - whether it was in Constant Weight (dave, lars, remi, alex - any more?) or for putting up a tent in record time (alex? lars? fin?)

lovely and warm in the water, nice sized group of about 15 of us and our usual slick organisation and top notch scuba team - many thanks
and see you again soon

Still some spaces on the cornwall trip - 4th Sept boat and shore dive on the Manacles, 5th Sept - boat dive on the Scylla - scubies or freebies or both welcome

Sam x

Hey Naomi,
did you ask Antonella? It must be her, ask if she used to go out with a member of the Ricci family.
I will bring a copy of my brother’s music to the next meet, if you like dance or trance music i think you will like it. He’s trying to get as many opinions on his music as he can.
L8er
Dan

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT