• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

27/28 October

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Names down here if you think you're hard enough....

(It's actually still pretty warm in there!)

We'll try and dive both days and we also have the pool on Sunday pm if anyone is interested

S

Only Saturday for me - Grandma is 104 on Sunday so I need to make her a cake and go and wish her well.

Aw, that's the sweetest thing i've heard, good on ya nan :thankyou

Sam i'll check with the cheese & kisses to see if I can get a leave pass.

Cheerio,
Ben

Disadvantage the cake would melt but the advantage would be no heating needed that day. If I get up early enough on Saturday I might make the cake then and bring one with me to the dive.

lol.

I was lost for words when i saw 104, just imagine what a person has seen and gone through at that age and the people they have seen come and go and how much the world has changed.

Anyway send my regards that deserves respect.

Any top tips for the forum on getting to 100 :)

See ya

I'll tell you exactly how she does it - its all down to positive mental attitude - seriously - whenever I have asked how are you (and this includes a time when she was in hospital briefly when she was 80ish) the answer comes back "Very well thank you" and she beleives it.

Oh and combine that with having a glass of sherry before lunch every day! (Dry none of this sweet stuff).

Certainly she has seen a lot in 104 years but she has to make it to 105 before she gets the next card from HM.

Awwww. That's lovely. I'll raise a glass of chilled Manzanilla to her myself.

I'm on for the Sunday. Boring wedding nonsense the night before. My better half is insisting that I have to stay out past midnight - so I might be a bit tired. Anything past about half nine is a late night for us folks living in babyland. Still, I'm sure the refreshing green waters will wake me up a treat!

I'll be looking at 30m [from above, probably]

Tom

I'm tempted by this one, my cold should have gone by then!

Will probably be the coldest water I've dived in - I'll have to bring a flask of hot water.

Probably about 25m, hopfully 30 but I'll see how it goes. Not sure about both days - I'll confirm nearer the time.

Cheers,

John.

any more for any more? this one's looking somewhat underpopulated!!!

Leave pass approved. I'll be there both days. Free immersing myself in the wonderful greenness I think.

On another topic, does anyone know if Barbara has moved yet?

so far we have:

Sat
Tessa
John P?
Ben

Sunday
Ben
Tom
Emma
John P?

this isn't really enough experienced folk.... can anyone else make it? I'm not sure yet.

Sam

Hi Sam, Gary from Richmond here. I would love to join you guys down there both days if my work permits. will know in a couple of days.
Also... I will be coming down in my van, a 3.5 ton luton box van and hoping to kip in the back for sat night. can i park overnight at the NDAC?

Cheers.

Hi Gary
you're more than welcome but you can't park over night at NDAC, there are a few cheap campsites around we can direct you to

S

Meeting times this weekend

Saturday - 11am
Sunday - 9am

See you there

S

Ben - I'm staying at Barbara's - she does still do B and B

Hi, I can only make Saturday as it's someone's birthday on Saturday evening so I doubt I could make Sunday.

I'll have to head off earlyish but I don't suppose we'll be in the water all that long.

My suit's just a 5mm - I'm wondering how crazy it'll be to dive in this cold!

See you all there!

John.

Hi all,
Sam, just to confirm i will be down sat and sunday. Wont be doing anything too strenuous, about 20m.

Cheers

Gary.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT