• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

31 May/ 1 June

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
is the next official meet - I'll be there teaching

S

Hello,
I'd like to come too!
I got accidentally hooked on freediving in Dahab 2 weeks ago, on what was ment to be a little scuba holiday to round off a year's cycle touring and working in Jordan... Now I can't wait to do more!
I guess 20m or a wee bit more would be about right for me, have only done the 2*course and 3 days so far, so not exactly very experienced...

How do you usually do logistics? I've never been anywhere near Chepstow, and my transport is my bike - is there a convenient trainstation nearby I could maybe hitch a lift from? Or does someone fancy splitting petrol costs, I will be in London before the weekend, but going to Edinburgh after? Oh yes, what time do you meet anyway?

Allright, I'm very excited already!
(fingers crossed my freshly ordered gear will arrive in time too...)
Looking forward to meeting you all,
Lisa

Hi Lisa

We meet at 11am on Saturday and 9am on Sunday

It's not easy to get to without a car so your best bet would be to get a lift from London if you can. If not, then there is a train station in Chepstow and either you could get a taxi from there or maybe someone could pick you up. It shouldn't be a problem to get you a lift to and from wherever you book to stay (if its near Chepstow!) and to the station afterwards - or you might be better off getting a bus to bristol and going to bristol airport if you're trying to get back to edinburgh

have a look at your options and let me know what you decide - and we'll see if anyone can help

Sam

Great thanks,

The first train from London on Sat would only get me to Chepstow at 10:49, but NDAC's website claims they're only 1.2 miles from Chepstow, so I could almost walk it and still get there by 11?

I'm going back to London on Sunday now (to catch the sleeper train up to Edinburgh) so a lift to the trainstation after the diving would be fantastic! (Unless someone has a space in the car from/to London :D)
I take it I'd be able to make the 7pm train, or are you usually still in the water at that time?

For sleeping I'll just camp, looks like there's plenty of sites nearby.

Allright, can't wait! Lisa

(Here is something random: I found out today that it is forbidden to wear a mask with a nose in the swimming pool. Why? Because they can't breath into your nose to resucitate you if you wear one. I'm not joking!!!)

can anyone help Lisa with a lift to and from London? (the lake isn't really walkable from the station - not with a load of kit and a tent!)

ditto the campsites are not walkable - is anyone else planning on camping that weekend? Is anyone looking for a roomie at a B and B?

heard the one about the mask before - my pool told me my mask was banned because "you need your nose to swim properly" - not for my kind of swimming.... they also told me my training fins were banned because "they are a danger to other pool users!"..... if anyone can think of a way I could cause danger to other pool users, notably the lifeguard who enforces said stupid rule with these fins - please let me know (I know people with FEET longer than my fins!)

Attachments

• thumb_boogie_fins.jpg
    thumb_boogie_fins.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 302
Hey Sam / Lisa,

Yep I wil be down for both days.

Lisa I am coming from london so you can jump in the car, and petrol sharing is always good. Not sure about the accomadation front yet, but can sort that nearer the time, and am happy to drop you at a muddy field if you wish...

Have dropped you a private message with my email and stuff.

Ta

Tim

Hi Lisa/Tim/Everyone,
I've just straightened me pegs and done a few botch jobs on the tent and planning to camp on the sat aswell, ANYONE ELSE? Unfortunatly I'm without an engine too and rely on my bicycle which I thought maybe I could bring on the train from Bistol but... Tim? Could you possibly fit another campsite goer from the lake?

I have thought about wearing my black minima mask to the pool but decided against it as it could look quite scary to a stranger!

see you soon

Yep am sure we can get you to the campsite, might even join you both, if its warm and sunny and we can get a BBQ going, we shall see.......

Can't make it. Got a christening to go to. Bloody kids... and life it gets in the way of diving.

I'll be there!
I'm also another in need of a lift to the campsite from NDAC, any chance someone could squeeze me in to their car??

Cheers,
John

guys...

I'll be there for this one... Sunday definatley... and I'm a maybe for the Saturday...

It's about time i got my tail wet....!!!

I'll let you know if I can make it for the Sat... but otherwise, I'll see you on sunday

Love

Mandy
x
See you

Hello

I'd like to know if its ok to join in. I passed the ** with you, I think it was last September. Have been out of action for about 6 months due to a serious back problem, but am up and running now and need the exercise. I'd like to camp in that really natural and scenic site you were all talking about. Looking to get between 10-20 meters, remember I'm a begginer.

James

should be fine James, there are a few other newbies coming along so you'll have people of a similar level to train with

see you there

sam

So far

Jay
Lisa
Tim
Ben
Mandy
John

and Sam and students

Laura - other than Tim, Ben and Mandy this will be quite a shallow meet so no need for more than a couple of Angels (if you can get them!)

S

Hi, I should be up for this one.

About 30m (I hope).

Cheers for now!

John.

edit: Should be up for both days! Also, my buddy Will (4star) may join us for Sunday!

Last edited:
uhm, really really sorry, but I can't make this weekend any more. I'm on a boat/offshore training that was ment to finish today but the weather didn't agree and now it'll overrun till saturday night, and I can't physically get onshore and to Chepstow before...
looking forward to meeting you all the next possible opportunity tho!
Very wet and windy greetings! Lisa

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT