• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

4/5 October - Meet and Safety Training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Brian

You are welcome to come but you'll need to dive with other people doing the same depth as you as you'll need to be on the main line. You can take Jay's place. Anyone diving 40m or more must have counterweight cover - and we can't afford space on that line for anyone diving less than that this weekend

We're hoping to put in a second counterweight over the winter so next year should be better

Jay - buzzy ears are a fact of life for most freedivers. I've had tinnitus for almost a year now..... but that's not much fun so rest it if you can!

Sam

also coming

Ross - 35m max
Brian C - 45m max

bring warm suits, there might have to be up to 5 to a line to fit everyone in. Will do what we can!

S

Hi Sam:)
Im thinking about going for diving and camping too this weekend.will be up for safety training too.
31 and 35 please.
Many thanks
Flavia.

ok but folks - we are full!! I'm working on a new list to see how we can fit everyone in. Watch this space

Revised plan - I'm off line as of 5pm tonight so text or call me rather than email if you want to ask anything
Round 1 - meet at 11 am Saturday
Line 1
Virginia – 20
Louise - 20
Martin - 25

Line 2
Kate A - 25
Omar - 25
Alix - 25
Chris M – 25

Line 3
Kattie - 25
Mandy – 30 something
Sam – 30 something

Main Line
Gary - 40
Brian - 45
Brian - 45

Round 2 – meet at 1pm Saturday

Line 1 and 2 – safety practice (staying down on the pontoon so bring snacks/water)
Sam with: Kate, Kattie, Gary, Martin and Brian D

Line 3
Ross - 30ish
Flavia - 31
Hannah - 35

Main Line
George - 45
Stuart - 50
and someone to safety!

Last edited:
Jeepers creepers kids looks like your gonna need a bigger lake. the freedivers may outnumber the scubies this weekend. hope you all have a blast

thanks to the hardcore posse for another fun weekend. It was a good one even if the lake was getting deeper by the second thanks to the rain!

Next meet is November 8/9. I'll put a thread up.

This will be the last proper meet for sometime - so come along and get your dives in before the lake freezes over.

After the November meet, we'll be bringing the pontoon in to get the wooden decking sorted out. See the Christmas party thread (and more messages to follow soon) about how you can get involved!

S

And a big thanks to you to Sam for all your organising and looking after skills that make these meets possible . will be in Iceland the next time you guys are diving the green stuff, we just exstended our time there by 3 days so maybe I can still do Silfra before christmas.......:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT