• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

4/5 October - Meet and Safety Training

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
is the next meet. 11am Saturday, 9.30am Sunday. Sign up here

I'll be there (diving not teaching!)

Please sign up with name, day and depth (ish)
Sam 30ish, both days

I'll be there unless something incredibly, uttermostly, life defyingly important comes up! Both days Sat/Sun 42m. Might be space in car for lifts from Bristol. I'll also be camping.

Jay

Hello

I'll be there both days and will be camping, even if its chucking it down! Won't go below 20m (probably more likely 5m, as I still can't equalise very well!)

See you all there

Louise

Hi Sam, both days for me please, around the 25m mark.

Thanks
Kate

In case you are interested, on the Saturday - after our main training, I'm planning on conducting a bit of a safety/rescue review on the pontoon for anyone that wants it (unless the weather is particularly horrific).

Would like to run through:
Surface rescue
Rescue from depth
Getting someone onto the platform
Oxygen kit use
and of course, basic safe training protocol

No charge, as many of you as are interested can take part

The idea is to get as many of you as we can confident with this stuff, as well as with setting up the pontoon and counterweight so next year we can have more meets

If you're interested, let me know here.

On Sunday morning, I'll then run through the set up again with anyone that is interested

Might even dream up some little tests and come up with some kind of "I can run a meet" certificate idea.... mmmm my brain is buzzing....

S

"More meets"...yipeee. I'd do anything to go in that direction! Safety course me up.. I'm sure my lifeguarding training could be handy too!

mmm.. that "I can run a meet" idea has brought butterflies to my stomach!

This all sounds great, possitive, progressive and wonderfull... I like it.

Great idea Sam! Count me in for the safety course.
I'll be there both days max 25m.
Jay may I rely again on your generosity for camping and maybe lift?
Cheers,
Kat

Both days for me too please.
35 sat
40 sun
Safety training is definately a good idea! count me in.
Will be camping too, anyone want to share a lift from London?

See you there

Gary.

Yes Kat that is all ok. If you need to do the same as last Friday. Let me know for sure?

Oh yeah !!! sam thats a great idea.. count me in please 20 on sat , 25 sunday please. GARY I might take you up on that lift from london. and yep I'll camp if you guys do..

Hi Sam,

I was wondering if you'd have space in your car for a poor, out-of-shape student if you're driving up from Falmouth?

I would really love to come along, both days, max 25m.

Last edited:
Hi Alix

Sorry but I am driving up via stockport two days before - but you could try chris mills and/or dave morgan - both from Plymouth

Stockport sunny Manchester ??

I'll get you a beer if your oop North Sam, or dinner if your driving.

thanks Steve but its a quick flypast.... visiting Decathlon for a serious shop and heading back down south.

Wow, is there a sale on, its a long way from Cornwall :)

My freediving school is about 5 mins from there if you want anything in future

Anyway see you soon, hopefully this year, byee

sam, me in too please. sunday only. do i have to give a depth? not sure what to do but may want a deep one 60+. cheers.

laura - can we get any Angels for Mr King???

If not, I'd rather stick at 50m

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT